Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the women's 135 champ after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Julianna Peņa 3 18.75%
Amanda Nunes 6 37.50%
Julianna Nunes 2 12.50%
Julianna Margulies 5 31.25%
Total: 16 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Woman mauled after entering lioness' cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Just one more round please just send them back out

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HOW

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
tuff tuff poo poo

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Nunes is incredible. Pena is tough as can be

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
That was great

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BulletValentina/status/1553602162575523840?t=

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That is about how fully and comprehensively you can beat someone.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nunes has clearly won this thing but holy poo poo Pena

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Holy poo poo who scored it 50-45 lmao num ers have no meaning

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's also a really good way to not wind up having to fight a trilogy fight after all, it's real hard to argue for a third match when you got dumpstered for 25 straight minutes in every single aspect of a fight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Guess new camp isn't holding Nunes back.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
50-43 oof

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hahaha 45 44 43.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Not even close but Pena is tough as gently caress. Also Joe Rogan looks like absolute poo poo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
NEVER MIND

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Keep going Bruce. We can get into the 30's

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Even though Amanda absolutely dismantled her as definitely as she could have... Yeah id watch them fight again to settle it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
50-45, 50-44, 50-43

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Has there been a 50-43?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1553603708218355713?s=20&t=cp3ZbXGbI15ANCCdWpHitg

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Dana white's eyes turn in to dollar signs over the words 'double interim' as Amanda says she needs a little rest

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How did I forget how feel-good Amanda's victories are :love:

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

Hope Amanda does a shoey on the way out

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

kimbo305 posted:

Has there been a 50-43?

Khabib vs Iaquinta was 50-43 on two cards

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
That little one didn't want to be there AT ALL.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Also Hollow vs Kattar was 50-43 on two cards and 50-42 on one card, lmao.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Omg this footage of her riding around with both belts, pouring beer on herself, with the blue lights shining on her, i was taken aback at how beautiful it all was :unsmith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

Has there been a 50-43?

Surprisingly yes

RIch Franklin defeated David Loiseau UFC 58
50-43 50-43 50-42

Halloway defeated Katar had the same above

https://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-records-stats/unusual-decisions/

edit: Even a few 50-41 decision outside the UFC
And even some 30-23

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

Could quit right now is a good take. Fitting way to end it.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmao stfu

cornlog
May 1, 2008
One of the judges in the Moreno fight gave the first two rounds to France

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Missed this show, did Amanda manage to come back stro-

:stare:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Even though Amanda absolutely dismantled her as definitely as she could have... Yeah id watch them fight again to settle it

Been thinking about this -- I think it comes down to, even when Pena is taking a one-sided beating... she's maybe the most live underdog there is. Nunes clearly takes some risks and leaves opportunities out there, even when she comes in focused and in shape.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Been thinking about this -- I think it comes down to, even when Pena is taking a one-sided beating... she's maybe the most live underdog there is. Nunes clearly takes some risks and leaves opportunities out there, even when she comes in focused and in shape.

This is, unfortunately, both what makes the fights kind of fun but also why it's hard to sell a trilogy. The big question about the rematch was how much Julianna Pena won the fight vs how much Amanda Nunes lost the fight, and the answer was Amanda Nunes lost the gently caress out of the first fight. The big selling point for the trilogy is "look at how Pena almost did a couple things when Nunes made mistakes between getting the impossible poo poo beat out of her" and that's a hard sell for a trilogy bout.

that said the most likely alternative is Nunes vs Ketlen Vieira, so they could just do it anyway because most people won't care about that fight either

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
any card with two sick body shot TKOs is a good one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that fight had big jds/cain 2 vibes

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Missed the fight, but from the talk/highlights, I take it Nunes finally delivered the fight we all expected the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VagueRant posted:

Missed the fight, but from the talk/highlights, I take it Nunes finally delivered the fight we all expected the first time?

The first fight we thought Amanda was going to steamroll Juliana. This time she came in focused with a very sharp gameplan. The 10-8 round two was because Nunes had timed Juliana's entrance perfectly and was clocking her in the temple with a hard right each time. She dropped Pena three times that round with single shots. Pena wasn't out cold but definitely rocked each time. Nunes wisely did not try to jump on her and finish because Pena was loving game the entire fight.

Later on Pena started gaining more success on the feet, so Nunes took the fight to the ground. Although Pena had a lot of submission attempts from a very active guard, Nunes was able to control and beat the hell out of Juliana while she was on her back. If Nunes started slacking too hard, she was going to Sonnen herself, but she kept composure and dominated all five rounds.

When I first heard the 50-43 scorecard I thought someone might have given Nunes a 10-7 for round 2 because of just how one sided it was. It was actually a 10-8 for round 5, which is justifiable. The judge that only gave Amanda a 10-9 for round 2 needs to never judge another MMA fight. Even Sal D'Amato had the scorecards correct.