Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pretty good start honestly, the new voices aren’t bad and I liked that they included a flashback to an animated version of the origin story (likely both to serve as a recap and to give us some Rider action since as I recall the W suit doesn’t actually appear in the manga for a few chapters at first)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Phillip and Akiko’s replacements sound close enough to me at least (Shotaro’s a little deep but he does well enough)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, that was a pretty good second episode.

As far as I’m aware though this show is only going to be one cour and last I checked the manga is still going in Japan (but maybe we’ll get another season or two later down the line assuming this does well enough)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s no WBX but the opening and ending aren’t too bad overall. Why does Phillip have green hair all of a sudden though?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah that makes sense (especially since all the other returning characters look more or less the same as they did in the live action show)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I dropped the manga early though I’ll probably pick it back up at some point now that it’s being regularly translated again. Roughly how many chapters per episode had the anime version been adapting so far?

Also the new songs are alright so far but it’d be nice if we could get a reprise of WBX at some point as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like the anime’s jumped ahead a few arcs all of a sudden (which I guess makes sense since it’s only 1 cour for now). As such, we might get the resolution to the current story here before Genm Corp reaches it in their translation of the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

3 episodes left now (unless the show gets greenlit for another season that is) and since they skipped a few arcs I believe we’re now ahead of where GenmCorp is with the manga. I’ll be curious what they have in store for the last arc then.

Speaking of, how many arcs got skipped to get here, are any of them worth reading and if so what chapters do they encompass?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only arc that got skipped was "Whereabouts of c", chapters 16 to 18. It was, as far as I can tell, completely irrelevant to the main plot so I can see why it got skipped if they wanted to get deeper into the actual plot. Which I have no idea about because I knew as much as Genm Corp translated and now the anime is farther than that.

Is the arc worth reading on its own though?

Apparently another arc called “p is a Devil” (which seems to have comprised the whole of Volume 4) got skipped over as well

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, am I correct in assuming they brought back the announcer from W for this (I know the rest of the cast is from at least one of the video games at any rate)?

Also I assume the little chibi shorts they do at the end of every episode are anime exclusive?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And it’s over. That was pretty good overall in my opinion and I hope it gets picked up for another season (the manga’s still going after all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And even the new voices were close enough for the most part that after a while I didn’t even really notice a difference. Was the announcer voice the same guy from W though?