Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One of three projects announced for the 50th anniversary of the Kamen Rider franchise, Fuuto PI is an anime adaptation of the manga spinoff/sequel to the 2009 series Kamen Rider W. The series, taking place after the series and some of the movies (though it doesn't really require the context from them), follows detective duo Shotaro and Phillip as they solve cases in the windy city of Fuuto, oftentimes involving mysterious devices known as Gaia Memories that turn people into monsters called Dopants. To fight these Dopants, the two transform into the singular hero known as Kamen Rider Double. One day, they encounter an amnesiac known as Tokime who is being targeted by Dopants. After saving her, Tokime becomes an assistant at their detective agency as they investigate her forgotten past.

Fuuto PI streams on Crunchyroll.

Shotaro Hidari (CV Yoshimasa Hosoya)
A self proclaimed "hard boiled" private eye, Shotaro is one of the head investigators in the Narumi Detective Agency and half of Kamen Rider Double. The man on the streets, Shotaro has plenty of informants around Fuuto to help him in his cases.

Phillip (CV Koki Uchiyama)
A mysterious youth, Phillip is Shotaro's partner and the second half of Kamen Rider Double. He has the power to enter the Gaia Library, a repository of all the world's knowledge, which he uses to cross reference clues Shotaro finds out in the city.

Tokime (CV Akira Sekine)
The newest employee of the Narumi Detective Agency, Tokime is an amnesiac who was saved from a Dopant attack by Kamen Rider Double. What secrets is she hiding?

Akiko Narumi (CV Mikako Komatsu)
The daughter of Shotaro's mentor, Akiko is technically the proprietor and owner of the Narumi Detective Agency, though to what extent she actually performs that job outside of telling Shotaro what to do is unknown. Beware the slipper.

Ryu Terui (CV Makoto Furukawa)
A detective working at the Fuuto Police Department, Ryu can transform into Kamen Rider Accel and fought together with Double during the events of the original series, and still acts as a begrudging ally to the Narumi Detective Agency. After the events of the original series, he has married Akiko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the show looks, especially the bit of the origin story at the beginning.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The blood is also not representative, it feels very much like "Well it's been like 10 years, the kids that watched the show are adults now"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/EpicLinkSam/status/1556318532815708168

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If this is one chapter per episode, these are some long chapters. Doesn't feel drawn out at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He has green hair in the manga, too. Artistic decision/probably helps keep it away from Masaki Suda's probably expensive likeness.