Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The manga is indeed quite horny and not unabashed in it but it does dial it down a little, I think, after a few cases. The anime has toned it down a little already at least. The fountain scene, for example, is much more explicit in the nudity. That may be more about what they can get away with in the manga than in the anime though.

And for reference, neither of these, in terms of horniness is representative of the original KR series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The place is pretty gentle too atm. One chapter per episode. Unless they start skipping cases, we may not get too far

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

If this is one chapter per episode, these are some long chapters. Doesn't feel drawn out at all.

Actually, I'm mistaken. The latest ep (2) basically ended covering up to Chapter 5, so it's going at a standard clip for an adaptation. Next episode should finish the case and ep4 should be the start of the next one.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 9, 2022

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can we change the thread title? Big W basically makes no sense and I know I'm being very :goonsay: about it, but still.

Suggestions:

Fuuto PI - New Mysteries in the Windy City
Fuuto PI - Kamen Rider W IN GLORIOUS 2D!
Fuuto PI - The softboiled detective and his boy-friend returns

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

I dropped the manga early though I’ll probably pick it back up at some point now that it’s being regularly translated again. Roughly how many chapters per episode had the anime version been adapting so far?

Also the new songs are alright so far but it’d be nice if we could get a reprise of WBX at some point as well.

2-3

Also, you'll be pleasantly surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

One thing I'm glad the anime has kept up is the toyetic nature of the show. I could see why a studio might be tempted to cut or lessen it but Studio Kai has kept them front and center and it just works so good for the series

Always have to have at least one super-powered fight per episode. Just like the Toku