Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

For anyone like me curious about the voice actors, redditor UnluckyCurious posted them some time back. The imdb only has about half of them. The voice lines seem to change with your background information as well, for instance there's a lot of ribbing of a sharpshooter who takes the Cadian homeworld since that planet was famously known for holding the line until it got exploded by baddies helping kick off the new status quo.

Here is the info from that link, some VAs I recognize from being warhammer audiobook narrators. The descriptions are from the reddit link as well I don't remember how accurate they are from the closed beta.

Guardsmen:
Professional (veteran soldier waiting to die in the name of the Emperor, dry and has personality of a typical sergeant)
[Male VA: Alex Jordan] [Female VA: Seroca Davis].
Loose Cannon (a bit of a sharp tongue, knows that military service is screwed up, less suicidal and tries to find benefits for himself everywhere)
[Male VA: Aaron Neil] [Female VA: Emma Ballantine].
Cutthroat (survivors of Cadia, cynical and vengeful, with a strong hate of injustice, focused on duty and revenge)
[Male VA: Devon Anderson] [Female VA: Helen Keeley]

Zealots:
Agitator (experienced agent, unbending faith to the emperor, something like a paladin)
[Male VA: Adam Howden] [Female VA: Clare Corbett].
Fanatic (typical heretic hunter, brings pain and death to heretics, expresses more words of support than lectures)
[Male VA: Neil McCaul] [Female VA: Sophie Wilkinson].
Judge (a true fanatic of the imperial cult, a warrior of faith and more of a priest than a paladin)
[Male VA: James Alexander] [Female VA: Haruka Kuroda].

Psykers:
Loner (cynical, proud and critical of the Imperium, has quite a snark)
[Male VA: Greg Jones] [Female VA: Zehra Jane].
Seer (a bit crazy, believes he sees the future, thinks it's all a dream and believes he's chosen by the Emperor, totally nuts)
[Male VA: Dan Starkey] [Female VA: Rachel Atkins].
Savant (proud and smart, with a sense of duty protecting the people and some humor mixed in)
[Male VA: Tashinga Bepete] [Female VA: Jess Nesling].

Ogryns:
Bodyguard (optimistic, sees in us younger brothers that need to be protected, thinks that he is in charge because he is the biggest)
[Only Male VA: Toby Longworth].
Bully (thug, loyal and devoted but with attitude and itchy fists)
[Only Male VA: Greg Jones].
Brawler (Bone'ead, slightly smarter, more tactically flexible and sometimes gives out smart thoughts)
[Only Male VA: Tom Dussek]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEtIiwAMMvE

Anyway regarding dlc, basically all the content dlc is really good besides Winds of Magic, don't loving recommend Winds of Magic and if anyone tells you it's not as bad as you think, it absolutely is as bad as you think it is.

The Winds mode itself isn't great and I know folks have divided opinions on beastmen, but the weapons for each character are quite good. I'd consider it worth it at a discount for those.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Al-Saqr posted:

Here is where it’s at right now:-

the TIDE mega thread: one Cup of swords, two Cups of Bullets for every Load of Heresy.

:fatshark:

In this thread we will be discussing two really great Co-op FPS games from FatShark, Vermintide and Darktide! both of these games are excellent Left4Dead style FPS games that are based in the Fantasy and Sci-fi worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k! both have very unique flavors, great slicing and shooting action, really incredible worlds and music and art style. and most importantly, both are fun as gently caress to play!

Here are the various discord servers goons hang out in:-

GOON DISCORD IS HERE: https://discord.gg/XeAaDY3

The Co-op Goons server https://discord.gg/vSNn4Sk

:

First up, Sci-fi Action in the 41st millenium!

==================

WARHAMMER 40,000: DARKTIDE

===============================================================================================================================================================================

Next up is the Fantasy Game:-

VERMINTIDE 2

So yeah! Let’s have fun and complain about fatshark bugs!

:fatshark:

Is this good enough? Let me know what you would like to add!

It's me I'm da old OP.

Yeah, I never went back and updated the VT2 thread the post launch dlc. Almost as if my computer exploded not long after vt2s launch and I wound up falling off the game for a few years :v:.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

bagrada posted:

Optional but maybe add some funny videos like some choice vt2 voice clips or bardin singing, and the wilder voice previews from DT or some ogryn slapping. A second post for funny poo poo to be added as it pops up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4ybO-lyf8

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DeathSandwich posted:

It's me I'm da old OP.

Yeah, I never went back and updated the VT2 thread the post launch dlc. Almost as if my computer exploded not long after vt2s launch and I wound up falling off the game for a few years :v:.

Are you fine with me using your op but with added stuff like the DLC taped on it?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Al-Saqr posted:

Are you fine with me using your op but with added stuff like the DLC taped on it?

Yeah that's fine. That and the 4th job descriptions.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Y'all are doing Sigmar's work. Or is it the Emperor's work? I'm not very good with Warhammer lore.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Al-Saqr posted:

Sounds great! Will be waiting for it

Right, here we go

https://imgur.com/a/r3EwTc4

I've normalised all the widths to 900 pixels (works well with the forums, leftover reflex from my LP days :v:).

I can make new ones for the 'headers' (characters/game/classes/etc) so let me know if you want one made.

And here's the career icons at 75px height: https://imgur.com/a/F4UOVRo

And 100px height: https://imgur.com/a/0MZa3TL

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Right, here we go

https://imgur.com/a/r3EwTc4

I've normalised all the widths to 900 pixels (works well with the forums, leftover reflex from my LP days :v:).

I can make new ones for the 'headers' (characters/game/classes/etc) so let me know if you want one made.

And here's the career icons at 75px height: https://imgur.com/a/F4UOVRo

And 100px height: https://imgur.com/a/0MZa3TL

Wow this loving rules thanks! I’ll get on writing it up and making changes, If you can make a Darktide version while I’m at it that would be incredible, no rush though I can always update the op later.

Thanks dude!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow this loving rules thanks! I’ll get on writing it up and making changes, If you can make a Darktide version while I’m at it that would be incredible, no rush though I can always update the op later.

Thanks dude!

Yeah, need to do some image crawling for darktide and decide on a font :v: I'll have something by tomorrow.

Added this one to the headers album:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Internet Explorer posted:

Y'all are doing Sigmar's work. Or is it the Emperor's work? I'm not very good with Warhammer lore.

Yes.

I have a thought on the classes for Darktide - What if the reason they are being odd with the post-launch subclass vs new main class is that they plan to do both? I can potentially see them adding a new main vocation as like a necromunda style ganger / underhive scum to get to the 5 base class parity of Vermintide, then start on with new subclasses for each that reuse voice work.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 8, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Yes.

I have a thought on the classes for Darktide - What if the reason they are being odd with the post-launch subclass vs new main class is that they plan to do both? I can potentially see them adding a new main vocation as like a necromunda style granger / underhive scum to get to the 5 base class parity of Vermintide, then start on with new subclasses for each that reuse voice work.

It'd be such a phenomenal amount of voice work that I'd assume they'd have already gone with 5 for launch but maybe.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
local convicts that are "rescued"

:hmmyes:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Internet Explorer posted:

Sigmar for fantasy, Emperor for 40k

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also for anyone who missed the beta and want to hear how the dialogue plays out:

https://youtu.be/v1wfolgm0ac

That demented psyker voice is just so good. Is the female equivalent as madcap going on meta tears about the captioning?

One of the female voices I heard in that was kind of sing-songy, which one is that?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Say what you will about the emperor in 40k but at least he didnt lose the war for the fabric of reality like that bozo sigmar. :smug:

Yet, so far it’s going pretty badly what with cadia gone and chaos cleaving the galaxy in two

Although to be honest the Age of Sigmar mini’s are utterly spectacular, much better overall than 40k is at.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 8, 2022

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Al-Saqr posted:

If you can make a Darktide version while I’m at it that would be incredible

Boop.

https://imgur.com/a/i7Ffmi6

This should get enough to get us started

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Boop.

https://imgur.com/a/i7Ffmi6

This should get enough to get us started

How are you this much of an awesome dude who rocks this much?! Holy poo poo you’re incredible thanks, I gotta go to bed but first thing in the morning I’ll finish up the writing, post the new thread and link it here.

Thanks dude you’re the best! I’ll give you a big fat bold shoutout in the OP when it’s done!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Al-Saqr posted:

Why are you this much of an awesomne dude who rocks this much?! Holy poo poo you’re incredible thanks, I gotta go to bed but first thing in the morning I’ll finish up the writing, post the new thread and link it here.

Thanks dude you’re incredible!

lmao no worries, I have a workflow for stuff like this and so it's only a matter of finding images and a picking a font, it's not like I'm designing everything from scratch :v:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

So the pre-order beta, any word on how long it lasts? Just the weekend again or till release, and is it going to be limited? I did some searches but I wasn't able to find anything definitive.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I think it's the 17th till the release on the 30th

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I wrote out guides for another VT community on how to get through Legendary, and some guides for introducing new players to the game.

It's kind of barebones and I'm obviously not much of a Sienna player beyond maxing out her level, but if you want to use any of this, go ahead:

quote:

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is a first-person cooperative action game based in the Warhammer Fantasy universe in the vein of games like Left 4 Dead, Payday, Deep Rock Galactic, and Back 4 Blood.

What makes Vermintide special?
Vermintide takes a different spin on the co-op shooter formula in that it has extremely satisfying first person melee combat, which you will be using over ranged combat about 70% of the time. It also has a class system that lets you choose between around 20 subclasses divvied between 5 characters.

The game also can fit an absurd amount of enemies on-screen at once, which makes the combat feel really satisfying as you and your team hack through hundreds and hundreds of Ratmen and demonic Vikings.

Characters & Classes

Markus Kruber: A veteran of the Imperial Militia, Kruber serves at the side of the Witch Hunter, Victor Saltzpyre.

Mercenary: A good introductory class, Mercenary allows Kruber to control hordes, damage specials/elites, and provide some support to teammates.
Huntsman: Gives bonuses to ranged combat, allowing Kruber to stack high single damage for killing elites/bosses, but also stealth ability that lets him get out of jams or reposition himself. Notable for being one of the classes that when built up can put the hurt on boss enemies.
Foot Knight: Allows Kruber to take punishment and control hordes, as well as protecting allies from incoming damage. Basically, a tank class.
Grail Knight: Kruber’s DLC class, you trade away the ability to hold ranged weapons. In exchange, you can unlock per-match challenges that can buff your team as well as gain speed and damage buffs for yourself in addition to a class ability that is good for dealing heavy single damage

Bardin Gorrekson: A Dwarf Ranger pulled into the fight against the Pact-sworn hordes during the defense of Ubersreik. He has a beautiful singing voice.

Ranger Veteran: Bardin’s Ranged class in similar vein to Markus’ Huntsman and Saltzpyre’s Bounty Hunter classes, Ranger Veteran focuses its bonuses around Bardin’s ranged attacks. Unlike those other two, RV is built more around sustained range fire than high damage output.
Ironbreaker: Turns Bardin into a brick shithouse that can take all kinds of stamina and health punishment and pull his team out of a bind.
Slayer: A high-risk, high-reward class that takes away all but one of Bardin’s ranged weapons. In exchange, you get an active ability that you can basically spam as you build up damage stacks and temporary hit points.
Outcast Engineer: DLC class that gives Bardin a gatling gun, the ability to carry extra bombs, and to give ranged bonuses to allies.

Kerillian: A deadly Elven warrior and a freestanding rear end in a top hat. Claimed dozens at Hoggar’s Bridge.

Waystalker: Kerillian’s default class lets her thin out hordes with sustained ranged attacks while allowing her to snipe off distant or even unseen enemies with her active ability, an enemy-seeking volley shot. Also gives her some minor self-protection capabilities. This is a popular beginner's class.
Handmaiden: Kerillian’s pseudo-support class. Allows her to dodge and juke away from enemies. Gives a substantial buff to her team’s stamina regeneration as well as lets her quickly revive downed teammates. Very useful class on higher difficulties.
Shade: A class that focuses on high-damage melee strikes. If you can actively work to position yourself well, you can deal significant damage to both hordes and elites/specials.
Sister of the Thorn: One of the stranger and more versatile classes, Thorn Sister allows Kerillian to build up temporary HP while using status effects and her active ability to control enemy movement. This class has a lot of flexible variables.

Saltzpyre: Imperial Witch Hunter. God-fearing man. Armored warfare enthusiast.

Witch Hunter Captain: Great for clearing out groups of enemies and elites while also buffing his team with his active ability. Good class for people learning the game.
Bounty Hunter: Saltzpyre’s single damage ranged class. Much like Kruber’s Huntsman, the Bounty Hunter can deal massive damage with ranged weapons if specced right, giving Saltzpyre the ability to quickly dispatch elites/specials and even bosses.
Zealot: Similar to slayer yet different in a few key ways, Zealot is about building up melee buffs through sustained melee combat. Unlike Slayer though, the Zealot can equip any of Saltzpyre’s ranged weapons.
Warrior Priest: Saltzpyre’s DLC class. Turns Saltzpyre into a walking tank who can take absurd amounts of punishment at the cost of only being able to equip melee weapons, and then only a variety of hammers. Is one of the few classes that can also heal himself and allies.

Sienna Fuegonasus: Rogue Fire Mage and one of the more rigid and build-heavy characters. She can be extremely useful but it takes work to get her there. To get the most of Sienna and her classes, you need to look up spec guides for talents, weapons, and builds. She shines best when her overcharge bonuses are active, making her a risk-reward character.

Battle Wizard: This class effectively lets Sienna spam her spells and active ability when played to its full potential. This allows Battle Wizards to be versatile when it comes to whatever staff she's using.
Pyromancer: This class is focused around building up higher damage through overcharge. This usually comes out in the form of her being able to deal high damage to powerful creatures, but can also again be used as good horde clear.
Unchained: Good horde-clearing class that focuses on putting Sienna in the front lines. Use overcharge to empower melee attacks to in turn empower more talents. Watch out, though- taking damage counts to overcharge and a few good hits can make her go nuclear.

General tips for new players:

-Sound design is extremely important in this game. Each special has its own set of spawning and active sounds that will initiate once they are on the field and when they are moving or attacking. This is especially important when it comes to listening for where a Blightstormer is casting from or if a Berserker/Plague Rat is part of an incoming horde. Even normal enemies have sound lines that telegraph their attacks, so be quick on the block button when you hear a snarling Skavenslave about to stick a spear in your back. I really recommend keeping the sound on and your settings tailored correctly or this game will be a nightmare.

-Keep up a good pace. Don’t be the guy holding up the team by looking in every corner for health or supplies, forcing all of you to run into more ever-spawning enemies. Likewise, don’t run a million miles ahead, activating enemy spawns for your teammates to deal with as you get hookratted a mile ahead of them.

-You’re going to spend a majority of combat time in this game in melee. Keep your melee weapons out by default unless you’re in a 100% clear spot to use Ranged attacks, using aforementioned sound design while checking around your vicinity for back-spawning enemies that want to hit you while you have your bow out. Even then, only pull your ranged weapons out for short bursts, still preferring your melee weapons. I also really recommend using M+K over controller when getting into Champion difficulty and above. I'm not saying players can't be good with controller on higher difficulties, but being able to snap around to check your six or add a little aftertouch to a melee attack or quickly block an off-screen threat is so much easier with a mouse.

-One of the biggest killers of players is eating hits that were meant for a different player, but still getting caught in the crossfire. Try to control horde groups using abilities, blocking, dodging, stunning, and pushing so that you’re facing down groups that you can handle on your own. This is a really tough-but-essential skill to build once you start getting into Veteran and Champion difficulty.

-Check out this guide for top-level builds: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2034609078

But don’t worry about having the best high-tier gear or running a special build unless you want to start becoming a very effective Champion difficulty player. I’ve beaten every main mission on Legendary, all without red-tier gear or even 300 power gear, so don't worry about getting the shiniest shinies. This guide, however, does show off things like useful stats, talent synergy, and the strengths of different classes. It’s just a good thing to skim if you’re getting analysis paralysis and just need to see that Block Cost Reduction is a useful skill for any class, or you’re overwhelmed by all the different Talent choices, or that certain weapon/class combos are more meant for horde clear or elite killing or whatever.

-Temporary HP is very important. Take a look at your Talents once you get to level 5 with a character and start looking at how to build up temporary hit points as they can turn a character with 25 health into a character that can suddenly survive a series of direct hits.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 9, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fingat posted:

So the pre-order beta, any word on how long it lasts? Just the weekend again or till release, and is it going to be limited? I did some searches but I wasn't able to find anything definitive.

From the 17th to release on the 30th, contiguous.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

I wrote out guides for another VT community on how to get through Legendary, and some guides for introducing new players to the game.

It's kind of barebones and I'm obviously not much of a Sienna player beyond maxing out her level, but if you want to use any of this, go ahead:

Absolutely brilliant, I just woke up and will finish writing up the mega post, should be done in a few hours. will post this in the fantasy section, I’ll definitely need to split fantasy and 40k into two different posts.

- fantasy

-memes and funny stuff

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Do we know anything more about how much content will be in release and/or if there's been stability improvements, or will we have to wait to hear from preorder beta about that?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Do we know anything more about how much content will be in release and/or if there's been stability improvements, or will we have to wait to hear from preorder beta about that?

The dev who talks the most on their discord said that it’ll have increased content over the beta but not everything.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Orv posted:

The dev who talks the most on their discord said that it’ll have increased content over the beta but not everything.

…at release or the preorder beta? :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

dmboogie posted:

…at release or the preorder beta? :v:

:hmmyes:

The preorder period. :v: (I’m dying and misread the post.)

Orv fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

:siren: NEW DARKTIDE - VERMINTIDE - ALL THINGS TIDE MEGATHREAD POSTED!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017117

it's missing some bits and bobs but I'll get around to those when I get home from work.