Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those that played the weekend how's the fun per minute (FPM) compared to vermintide2? is it mostly a fresh coat of paint making it feel new again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Do we know how they are going to handle grims/tomes? Having to hunt them down and do random jumping puzzles was really the only thing about VT2 I didn't like. And then making it necessary to always carry curse resistance. I hope both of those pieces of VT2 are absent in Darktide and they do something a little different. I know they're in the game, just not exactly sure how they work now.

You would very much like the chaos wastes roguelike mode, it's all my friends played since it came out in VT2, no tomes/grims, just randomly placed currency for buying powerups as the run goes on and giving a reason to explore little nooks and crannies besides supplies.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It was a free expansion, but it is vastly superior to running the exact same maps in the exact same way over and over again, I'm hoping the full release of darktide will be doing something similar, from what I'm reading of how the maps will generate it sounds very similar to DRG's system.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Will the Plague Ogryn be the only healthbar boss encountered in the wild on release? Vermintide2 had 3 on release and another later.

Wouldn't mind seeing the chaos spawn again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vargs posted:

It started with 4 and went to 5. Rat Ogre + Stormfiend + Troll + Spawn, and then Minotaur.

I guess I forgot about the stormfiend and just combined it with the rat ogre.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Hire the total war 3 animator who did Nurglings in that game.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 17, 2022

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I didn't realize anyone besides people with massive flight simulator setups use inverted controls.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those who are beta-touchers, got a couple questions about character creation.

After you've made a character, can you make a second one of the same type?

At any point could you remake your character for different voice packs or looks if you ended up not liking something?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know if I can resist the Psyker's insane german accent even though I'm sure it's what literally everyone will pick.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So long as everyone is going into the game with the knowledge that fatshark will probably fatshark it up and that there will be a none 0% chance that they lose track of what version of the game they are trying to apply fixes to for literal months and that at least half of the traits will be either broken, misleading, incorrect text or all three and they might leave a simple fix unfixed like with #NAME? for months at a time.

Go in knowing that ahead of time and just have fun despite the jank.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While we're making GBS threads on B4B, I knew the instant I threw a bomb into a horde and the zombies just kinda... fell over limply, instead of turning into a shower of zombies parts, that the game didn't have the soul of l4d.

That plus the horrid multiplayer and levels just being long corridors with special zombie brickwalls of HP infinitely spawning in the way for most of the levels.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Fishstick posted:

I don't mind their DLC pricing but I was not onboard for paying $8 for a single career's hat and suit.

DLC pricing was fine in VT2, but it was a grave sin to lock the hardest difficulty level behind a DLC purchase, forever dooming it to low population and player anger.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Grims and tomes as implemented in vermintide were not one of their better ideas for replayability, would of worked better as random challenges in-mission to increase the end reward or have them as random spawns that increased the end reward at a lower rate, or just something that you could choose as a hard mode at the start without having to do those dumb pixel jump puzzles.

And to not have curse-resist gear be almost mandatory for grabbing 2 of them if you wanted to take a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Vermintide 2 is very, very good, from people's experience with the Darktide beta they have not messed with the gameplay loop in the slightest besides small tweaks, different character loadouts and new enemies and a heavier focus on ranged fire both receiving and delivering, unless they sneak in some godawful progression none-sense littered with pay2win or pay2skip the game is looking like it will be very, very good much like Vermintide2.