Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Luckily I’ve had no crashes in the beta, but I’m one of the other invert mouse look people so I’m using a controller in the mean time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Right, I'm officially pissed at this game.

I'm already running a 3rd party program because fatshark couldn't be arsed to add mouse invert-y to their second beta 6 weeks away from full release. I had an issue yesterday with upgrading my graphics drivers that made the game go from solid 60fps to not being able to crack 30. Rolled back the drivers, was able to play a couple hours.

Fire it up again today (same 'old' drivers) and it's doing 30fps again, gpu utilization at 98%. No matter what option I gently caress around with, can't break 30. I'm done trying to troubleshoot this. gently caress.

Mind sharing what program you are using for the invert? I’ve played with a controller to get around that.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Check my post history in the thread, I linked it a few pages ago (sorry, mobile)

You are a savior! I put in about 4 hours of the beta with a controller, which works find but KBM is my preference!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

My review:-

Had a wonderful time, loved it, graphics awesome, music is godlike, gameplay is fun, hope the stability and crashing is fixed before launch, but the game overall works like a dream on my GTX 970, hope weapon variety is increased.

9/10

I’m all in, Pre-ordered the Imperial Edition like a good little guardsman.

I haven’t played VT 1 or 2 so I don’t feel the sting of difference or reference point from there.

Same, I really enjoyed it. The last coop PvE game I played was (the very good) Deep Rock Galactic. This scratches that itch for a grimdark smashy/shootymans.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Right before the beta ended I got a blue autogun for my vet and it melted elites at medium distance.

Can’t wait for release!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Inverted mouse chat - those of us who use it are exposed as old farts. I’m almost positive it was the standard control scheme for mouselook FPS in the 90s, probably because of flight sims being the OG “mouselook”.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: Having said that this mostly works, this poo poo better have invert mouse and sensitivity settings at launch.

Thanks again for sharing this. It made my second play session so much better and convinced me to buy it at launch barring any major disasters!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
The most successful pubbie squad I experienced was all Vets who knew how to use their specials.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Goddammit I uninstalled the beta already. Does that mean I have to reinstall to access the EA uninstaller?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Exodee posted:

Don't worry, you have to reinstall but they made it like 9 MB's in total.

Ahh gotcha. That’s good.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Corbeau posted:

If I play, it'll be on steam.

Same.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah all the DLC put together is 20 dollars with the free base game, it’s an absolute steal, I’m very excited to play the game when I get home today to see if the hype was real!

Where are you that it's $20 for all the DLC? I'm in NA and it's showing as $39.99 for the complete pack. And I redeemed the free Steam copy. Did I miss the window for the uber discount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Steam adjusts prices according to the region/country you live in, in my part of the world the DLC was at a 60% discount and cost the equivalent of 20 dollars

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, in my regions it's ~65% discount but comes to $39.99. A bit too rich for me but at $20 I would have jumped in sight unseen.