Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Technology is exactly like 40k in that respect. “We do it in this order because otherwise it doesn’t work and no one knows why. The people who made it are gone”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's ok to be optimistic about the monetization but I think it's also okay and "justified" to be pessimistic. Capitalist hellscape and all. I don't know why this specifically would be the game where a corporation says "let's not bleed them as effectively as we can"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

I guess I'm just saying that there are some devs who have shown they can thread that needle

I agree but every new product is a new opportunity for revenue pressure to win out and start hurting the consumer. Cautious optimism is all I can muster when we've seen so many good devs succumb to the realities of the market. That optimism is even harder to maintain when they are slippery about confirming things.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I mean the good news is people liked the gameplay in the CBT so it looks like the initial base game purchase will satisfy fans of VT. I know I'm gonna put in dozens, potentially hundreds of hours. I'll be happy with a fun base game if I decide to skip the microtransactions. Hopefully they don't introduce pain points as a way to drive spending. No way to tell. But we're gonna have fun with this game for sure!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Should have just let you optionally choose to not have a slot 3/4 usable for a points boost

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I really like vt2 characterization, especially how the group is mostly verbally supportive of each other. gently caress kerillian tho. Toxic and kills the vibe. Give me auntie sienna congratulating everyone for genocide while bardin is murdervibing the whole time

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

So with this Darktide around the corner and this Vermintide 2 pseudo renaissance, do y'all reckon we should try to consolidate threads/discords to have a more centralized "*Tide" goon community?

The VT2 thread points to the goontide discord, this thread points to the co-op discord, and I've seen folks in this thread the steam thread and the VT2 thread mention grabbing VT2 recently and wanting to get some games going, but feels like everyone's just going off on their own which is kind of a shame?

If you make it, I will promote it every chance I get ITT and the steam thread when the games are brought up. My irl friends have all peeled off in different directions and I am alone in the video game world so I'm ready to make friends.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

Making another Discord server is probably just gonna splinter poo poo even more :v:

Just thinking out loud, I reckon at this point the easier way out would be to just make a unified *Tide thread and decide which discord we want it to funnel folks into so we can just point folks to the thread and have all resources there.

I imagine in true goon fashion, we will all wait until the last second and then, in the chaos of launch, one server will organically become The Chosen One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Chakan posted:

I don't mind updating the OP with discord info or whatever, if there's other ones that should be in there. I figured there would be a thread for darktide for the first couple months/year then depending on activity we might merge them into one *tide thread, not that I'm an authority on what should happen.

I just can't imagine the venn diagram of players for each game being much more than perfectly overlapping, aside from new players being brought in by Darktide. *tide games feel more like a lineage at this point, like Pokemon, where a megathread for all of them makes sense. Though it could potentially just be as simple as a title change for this thread and small reworking of the OP. Again just spitballing, I am bad at this kind of thing.

I just want things setup in whatever way makes it easiest for us to find each other and play.