Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whenever I hear it I think that they have some people in their family that are just poo poo parents that raised poo poo kids, and they're saying 'no children whatsoever' to be nicer than saying 'Specifically Daryl Jr. is not allowed to come'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

I think that's either a fratboy rager or a childfree wierdo-fest

Yeah that sounds about right, i think it's the latter in this case. For context this is an ex-coworker of mine and I was 50-50 on going but then I saw "no kids" on the invite and now it's 20-80

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

What do you guys think of a wedding with a no-one-below-18 policy?

That's really dumb, weddings are big family affairs with kids and all that

What are they planning to do, consummate their marriage on the dance floor or something

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

also how "action RPG," at least in north america, has confusingly come to mean "game where you click on 4 million enemies to get rare drops and repeat ad nauseum"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vermain posted:

also how "action RPG," at least in north america, has confusingly come to mean "game where you click on 4 million enemies to get rare drops and repeat ad nauseum"

Yeah, that's what it means.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vermain posted:

At this point I treat "action RPG" and "ARPG" as separate things despite ARPG just being an abbreviation of action RPG

Tales is an action RPG, Diablo is an ARPG

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
similarly, rpg doesnt stand for anything unless you're talking about ttrpgs, which really do stand for tabletop roleplaying games

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

similarly, rpg doesnt stand for anything unless you're talking about ttrpgs, which really do stand for tabletop roleplaying games

i call 'em d&d lites

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i call 'em d&d lites

as in, they are the light to d&d's darkness, because d&d is bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

depends on how much adult content there is

how many times does the gently caress word appear in your vows

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

as in, they are the light to d&d's darkness, because d&d is bad

No they're all just less than d&d in terms of rules & mechanics so they're not d&d likes (except for pathfinder and maybe like 13th age) so they're d&d lites

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Game with "rpg elements"? That's D&D lite lite

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

monster hunter is d&d lite lite (lite)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm an RPG purist, I think to be called an RPG there need to be actual classes. Games where you are just one dude with skill points = no roleplaying! Unless you have a profession, then it counts I guess.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You need dialogue choices to be an rpg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, that's what it means.

no the lovely diablo 2-likes are aRPGs with a small a. Action RPGs are actually fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Khanstant posted:

no the lovely diablo 2-likes are aRPGs with a small a. Action RPGs are actually fun

No.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

No kids at the wedding is either totally fine or totally insane with no middle ground.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
really diablo 2, poe, and its kind should be considered idle games like cookie clicker

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

You need dialogue choices to be an rpg

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RPGs are strictly a "know it when you see it" kind of thing

My fiancee and I do not intend to allow infants and toddlers at our wedding whenever we actually end up having it but do want to at least look into some kind of daycare thing to let people attend. Very young children and babies would just cause a lot of stress and anxiety for us that we really don't want.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I've had this game sitting in my Steam list forever

really need to give it a shot as it looks like they're continually tweaking and updating it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What game is that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

What game is that

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Monkey Fracas posted:

really need to give it a shot as it looks like they're continually tweaking and updating it

The first few hours can be a lot like 'kinda boring X-Com' because you've only got one named guy at the start so you're mostly just moving around nameless dudes with guns and setting up overwatch and chucking grenades and poo poo. And that's maybe the one negative thing I could really say about it.

And then you eventually get to the point where you've got all kinds of special people who have joined you and you've got crafting and advanced classes and taming beasts and unit friendship bonuses and mastery bonuses and item bonuses and mastery set bonuses all triggering each other and you've got people just running around taking 30 turns at once exploding people and setting everything on fire and healing in the fire and if they ever do manage to die they just resurrect and it's like :hellyeah:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Went to a wedding recently with a no kids policy that kinda made sense since it was a weird venue with limited space.

We did sit with the one couple with the exception to the rule and it was great, honestly, they had hilarious children.

We didn't give it much thought at our wedding but not a lot of folks we knew then had kids so it kind of never came up. There were a few. They were probably bored.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I saw people commenting on this situation with weddings a couple weeks ago. a lot of the replies were the weirdo childfree people unfortunately

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
children? in this economy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kids are weird. Small humans that are immature and just poo poo and pee everywhere? Ew no thank you that's my job

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think specifying no kids is kinda weird, you gotta have some trust in your guests to handle whatever child they bring

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Parents have that uncanny ability to completely tune out what their children are doing when they bring them somewhere, like subconsciously deny their whole existence, and I'm in awe of that

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If I was a parent, I would simply instruct my child to stop crying.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

hatty posted:

I think specifying no kids is kinda weird, you gotta have some trust in your guests to handle whatever child they bring

In my experience at least they think they're doing their guests a favor by giving them a night off from the kids not realizing that accommodating for their absence is often way more of a pain.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A no-kids wedding is odd, but it's not as big of a red flag as a kids-only wedding.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Monkey Fracas posted:

I love Troubleshooter, so I hope you give it a shot and enjoy! It can get clunky, but even with the rough spots, you can tell the game was made with a lot of heart. Once the game opens up, things can get wild with dozens of units and different factions running around and your characters taking down swathes of enemies. It really makes your team feel cool as gently caress. And even with the rough translation, the setting and characters are really compelling.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Most weddings I go to are kid-free. Including my own.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Most weddings I go to are kid-free. Including my own.

and what is your age range

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

what's that game that plays like mafia on a spaceship but it's a single player game?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is probably Gnosia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

The wedding I'm gonna have in two months has no kids (but a couple of driving teenagers). AMA