Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

children? in this economy?

Well let's hear your idea for retiring then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Saint Freak posted:

The first few hours can be a lot like 'kinda boring X-Com' because you've only got one named guy at the start so you're mostly just moving around nameless dudes with guns and setting up overwatch and chucking grenades and poo poo. And that's maybe the one negative thing I could really say about it.

And then you eventually get to the point where you've got all kinds of special people who have joined you and you've got crafting and advanced classes and taming beasts and unit friendship bonuses and mastery bonuses and item bonuses and mastery set bonuses all triggering each other and you've got people just running around taking 30 turns at once exploding people and setting everything on fire and healing in the fire and if they ever do manage to die they just resurrect and it's like :hellyeah:

PunkBoy posted:

I love Troubleshooter, so I hope you give it a shot and enjoy! It can get clunky, but even with the rough spots, you can tell the game was made with a lot of heart. Once the game opens up, things can get wild with dozens of units and different factions running around and your characters taking down swathes of enemies. It really makes your team feel cool as gently caress. And even with the rough translation, the setting and characters are really compelling.

got a hankering for some X-Com-ey action lately so I'll definitely give this a shotshoot and have a little patience with it in the beginning

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

ilmucche posted:

what's that game that plays like mafia on a spaceship but it's a single player game?

Consortium

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk where the weird vibes are coming from about people who don't want to have little kids at their wedding. Like, it doesn't seem unreasonable or weird to me at all.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

RBA Starblade posted:

take he money you would otherwise use to feed, clothe, and educate your child, and instead invest it in first-edition holographic Charizard cards

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There’s a strange internet community of people that absolutely hate children to an almost psychotic degree and invitations like that remind me of them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1564994490988826626

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's also not all that reasonable due to the obscene cost of child care. if you don't want kids at a wedding, don't be offended if their parents can't attend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont think anyone is op

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its acutally completely normal to not want kids to come to a big drunk party

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like if the groom/bride is unreasonably upset and mad at any guest who can't find a babysitter, that it says far more about the groom/bride and their personalities than the no-children thing does. Just because a wedding has a nobody-below-18 policy doesn't mean the groom/bride are getting angry at guests who can't come.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Counterpoint I had an amazing time as a 7 year old doing a "rain rain go away dance" on the dancefloor. I danced all wedding with an 8 year old I never saw again. It didn't rain. It was magic.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Getting pissdrunk at a wedding is cringe

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Getting pissdrunk at a wedding is cringe

At my cousins wedding, his sister was passed out on the bathroom floor in her own vomit after drinking too much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Disclaimer I'm talking solely about the wedding, not the reception.

We don't care if kids are at the reception, just don't want any infants or toddlers at the wedding

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

drinking at a wedding, or many celebrations, is also completley normal behavior. im sorry youre all having to find out this stuff for the first time today apparently.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Never been to a wedding because only normies getting invited.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've been to an insane amount of wedding receptions because my parents had a side job as wedding DJs when I was a kid and they paid me to help them lift and set up all their equipment on Saturday nights as a high school job

To this day I love ABBA's "Dancing Queen" because it was always the second-last song my parents played and hearing it meant that I would get to go home soon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

drinking at a wedding, or many celebrations, is also completley normal behavior. im sorry youre all having to find out this stuff for the first time today apparently.

sometimes i just drink for the fun of it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In the middle of a party ShallNoiseUpon forgot to drink responsibly

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
lot of projection over the last few pages.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

do whatever you want with your wedding as long as you aren't surprised if some people can't make it/decide not to come because of it imo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
kids are fine, but there will be no Mobile Gamers at the reception per our request

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

settle this with a post to r/AITA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Drinking at a wedding is normal, getting totally smashed until you have an accident and/or pass out is not normal

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast posted:

do whatever you want with your wedding as long as you aren't surprised if some people can't make it/decide not to come because of it imo

no one is surprised by this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

That is probably Gnosia

that's the one. I'll probably ask again next sale until it drops in price. Thanks!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
as someone who was a former child at weddings, please don't make us go

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

as someone who was a former child at weddings, please don't make us go

Yeah I was going to say, do most kids even like going to weddings?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If I had a kid and my bff had a wedding and wanted me to be best man but also said "adults only", i would have to find a way to break the couple up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked weddings as a kid! One time by brother told me that one of the waiters was a mafia man and I spent the evening trying to trip him

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't even want to go to weddings as an adult.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest it's safer and cheaper to have your wedding in FFXIV instead

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And you get a teleport out of it! You don't get to teleport in real life, unless the judge who married me scammed me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also safer and cheaper to do it in Skyrim, until a dragon corpse falls through the ceiling

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Help Im Alive posted:

To be honest it's safer and cheaper to have your wedding in FFXIV instead

FFXIV weddings are fuckin adorable, just the cheesiest poo poo possible. They are great

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/urbanfriendden/status/1564888551346552834

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

RBA Starblade posted:

Work until you inevitably die of a preventable heart condition in your mid 60s.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been doxxed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
should have upgraded to wife XP :shrug: