Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

EVO is this weekend isn't it!

Excited to watch some fight games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Despite their weaknesses I thoroughly enjoyed the Expeditions games. Now I'm reading that the studio, Logic Artists, is closing down to make NFT games? What the gently caress.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

I hadnt I heard of this, and I think it’s wild

that's weirdly not that rare on mobile, and just seems to be accepted. i lost a bunch of ios games in the move to 64 bit, but also some bought afterwards. then there's also bullshit like adding ads to paid apps after the fact.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Now I'm reading that the studio, Logic Artists, is closing down to make NFT games? What the gently caress.

Whole lotta people got hoodwinked in the last year. Gonna take a while for that all to shake out.

GDC 2022:

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1507825591151587330

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
PSA to check out the free DLC content on Into the Breach- new mech teams are wild and they added new enemy types, missions, and pilot abilities as well.

Now I need to figure out another way to buy this game again for all the time I've gotten out of it

It's on mobile now but I think only as a weird free game if you have Netflix?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Netflix? The company that ships you DVDs in the mail?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

1200 thread views so far, and only 5 votes?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Voted 5 because I always like your threads.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1554135958383202310

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I will hack some souls this month.

Also wow 3 pages before I found the new thread

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh poo poo, I completely forgot Soul Hackers is out this month. I've liked what I've seen so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

wish they'd gone with something a little closer to the 90s grungy aesthetic of the original

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Looks like nothing comes out this month which is great because I need to finish the games I bought before august

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Looks like nothing comes out this month which is great because I need to finish the games I bought before august

But it is August! :eyepop: I just need to finish everything before Splatoon 3.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got a small backlog of games I want to finish but also one of my friends is pulling me into FFXIV

Pray for me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Arzaac posted:

I've got a small backlog of games I want to finish but also one of my friends is pulling me into FFXIV

Pray for me

You can call Rarity & Jay Rust out by name

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Monkey Fracas posted:

PSA to check out the free DLC content on Into the Breach- new mech teams are wild and they added new enemy types, missions, and pilot abilities as well.

Now I need to figure out another way to buy this game again for all the time I've gotten out of it

Seconding this, all the new squads are great. Looking forward to mixing and matching the new and old Fire squads and new and old Smoke squads.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I think the only thing I'm looking forward to this month is Cult of the Lamb and the Front Mission remake if it *maybe* comes out this month.

Wife and I did a local co-op playthrough of Escape Academy which was pretty fun, tho. It ended up being a pretty short and sweet escape room simulator that had some pretty neat puzzles (a few of which we ended up brute forcing).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yeah these two got me back into playing FFXIV.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arrrthritis posted:

I think the only thing I'm looking forward to this month is Cult of the Lamb and the Front Mission remake if it *maybe* comes out this month.

I totally forgot about this. I had some fun with the DS port, would be cool if it came to pc.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Same :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

It’s a speed run so you probably didn’t see it, but that’s nowhere near the craziest part, where said man also tells you to suck on your mother’s milk.

Thankfully this particular runner slowed down to read out every text box from that part lol

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's not exactly Rarity's fault but she did get me thinking about it subconsciously

But I mean, what else would you expect from a Gamer

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yes Netflix has this weird gaming section that is free games (Netflix gamepass lol) and like, this is an actual excellent game and it’s free with the sub? Odd

Arrrthritis posted:

Wife and I did a local co-op playthrough of Escape Academy which was pretty fun, tho. It ended up being a pretty short and sweet escape room simulator that had some pretty neat puzzles (a few of which we ended up brute forcing).

Wait is front mission this month? Ah hell I need to play more triangle strategy. Too many grid based battle systems!!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Arzaac posted:

It's not exactly Rarity's fault but she did get me thinking about it subconsciously

But I mean, what else would you expect from a Gamer

I said come in! posted:

To be fair FFXIV is a memetic agent at this point thanks to the copypasta.

You know, that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has an expanded free trial through which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I can't get the free trial up to heavensward because I've already paid for a sub before. :sigh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't wait to get through more of the MSQ so i can have the patience to go back and level BLU.

BLU sounds like fun once you get it up to snuff

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've just been playing a WAR because tankings fun and I get to hit things with a big gently caress-off axe.

Definitely gonna try Dark Knight and Gunbreaker when I get there too, but Paladin's for nerds.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Arzaac posted:

I can't get the free trial up to heavensward because I've already paid for a sub before. :sigh:

If you already payed for a sub you were already doomed as I will be when I resub for 6.2 a week late because family holidays

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've got a job interview tomorrow and if I get this job I'll have a bunch more free time which means I could start playing ff14 again...

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Yes Netflix has this weird gaming section that is free games (Netflix gamepass lol) and like, this is an actual excellent game and it’s free with the sub? Odd

Wait is front mission this month? Ah hell I need to play more triangle strategy. Too many grid based battle systems!!

It has a tentative release date of "Summer 2022" so who knows when its going to drop, but I would figure it would be sometime this month it being the end of summer and all.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I try to wait for a couple of XIV patches to build up before I resub because otherwise I'll get trapped in the grind of trying to level up more classes to 90

I let my sub lapse in February I think so maybe I'll resub this month so I can do 6.1/6.2

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah I stopped playing like 2 years ago right after the Shadowbringers main credits. Didnt want to start the 5.x stuff until the new expansion came out but I havent had time to devote to it properly since

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Looper posted:

calarts bean mouth?? yuck!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV is a bad game, imo don’t play it

Like every time the screen fades to black to signal the next overlong cutscene my heart sinks in my and I have to stifle a sigh

I’m having fun though :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Voted 1 to teach you not to go begging for votes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Voted 5 to counteract Rarity's anti-social posting

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like once I'm done with replaying FFX and inevitably X-2 I'll have at least 1000 words to say about em.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SquareEnix should start paying me a recruitment bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

You guys vote on threads? :confused: