Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

this is the way

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

there is something to putting your coffee into a good thermal mug, you can take as long as you want during the day to consume it. I have been known to keep leftovers overnight and while I'm preparing the next day's batch I will take a few sips. it's essentially room temperature iced coffee, if the coffee is good (and I can really tell the difference) this stuff is actually quite delicious, even tho hot coffee/espresso is usually required in the morning.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Scuba Trooper posted:

what coffees do y'all like? i will personally drink any old sludge but i am partial to stumptown varietals

I got a decent home roaster as a gift a few years ago after roasting for a few years with lesser devices. when I was roasting with it regularly I bought a lot of green coffees (which keep for a long time) via mail order and that all was very good. I drink espresso a decent amount and the espresso blend I bought was perfect for that. I also really like lightly roasted central american/island varietals, your panama and costa rica, but also stuff from indonesia and india and africa and such which I usually roast to a full city+ I would say, definitely not enough so that there's a deeply roasted charcoal flavor which you get in too much pre-roasted stuff. you get really cool flavors from lightly and freshly roasted beans, things like green apple and whatnot, I usually like the caramel-y notes but I appreciate the floral aspects of a lighter roast.

there is a roaster in this area whose stuff I like, Caribou Coffee, they don't over-roast their beans so their stuff is reliably good.

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 3, 2022

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Khanstant posted:

best part of waking up

ty nesamdoom!