Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Not unless the next plan is for Barca to open a series of cash-only laundrettes that take a billion euros a year, I guess

opening 'football academies' in qatar and saudi arabia and having 'sheikhs' throw money at them to 'train' 'their kids' to 'play soccer' could pull some serious levers imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

That just seems like a weird strategy, though. As far as I'm aware, it's not as if Adidas make a huge amount directly from paying United £90m per year to make shirts, it's all about the brand identity and values of watching your favourite sports stars get arrested in your company's gear.

Not unless the next plan is for Barca to open a series of cash-only laundrettes that take a billion euros a year, I guess

something involving laundering at any rate

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

finally something for all the La Masia drop outs to work on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That just seems like a weird strategy, though. As far as I'm aware, it's not as if Adidas make a huge amount directly from paying United £90m per year to make shirts, it's all about the brand identity and values of watching your favourite sports stars get arrested in your company's gear.

It would be pretty easy to launder money with your own shirt sales operation, just watch the new Barcelona jersey mysteriously become the most popular in history and sell 100 times more than any other football jersey ever, and suddenly Barcelona are flush with cash again

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Unless they want to run it as losses they can write off?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Written off losses go in Marca

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The levers are going to be back in full effect in the summer anyway. La Liga cut Barca’s spending by about 25% so they’re back in the position where they’re going to have to sell a bunch of players to even register players they currently have under contract for next season. Apparently their squad cost is double their spending limit.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39562707/more-money-woes-barcelona-laliga-slashes-spending-limit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Raphinhas coming home

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

However, the money from one of those asset sales -- Barça Studios, which has since been rebranded as Barça Vision -- was never paid in full and led to the club re-selling it last summer to a company called Libero. That money has still not arrived.

lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

And they spell it Levendovski on the jersey

Should be Leverdovski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

kri kri posted: