Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
'you know how Didi Hamann was the last player to score at the old Wembley, well dig this'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The current generation of footballers in their 20s and early 30s were children or teenagers when that legendary Barca team won everything back in the late 2000s. For a lot of them it's their career-long dream to play for that exact club, and hey, here comes Laporta reassuring you that yes the problems are all solved and you can come play for us and we'll pay you half a million euros a week and be part of the next legendary Barca team. I'm not surprised that they still have the power to turn players' heads, the thing that surprises me is that the agents don't talk them out of it by showing the players a powerpoint that's just 100 slides saying THEY HAVE NO MONEY over and over again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Barca also guarantees that you get to play CL football. The English teams might be able to pay more but the league is far too competitive to guarantee that sort of thing. Setting them aside it’s just Bayern, PSG and Madrid left that are willing to spend the big bucks. The choices, even for top players, aren’t really as abundant as people make it out to be.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I’m gonna introduce this thread to a financial cheat code that allows you to do what you want financially.

“Side letters”

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i thought it was just a silly rumour but they really are going for Bernardo Silva apparently. i feel like even the gulf state owned clubs haven't taken the piss as much as that.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol Pjanic is supposed to earn 270k a week

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vyelkin posted:

The current generation of footballers in their 20s and early 30s were children or teenagers when that legendary Barca team won everything back in the late 2000s. For a lot of them it's their career-long dream to play for that exact club, and hey, here comes Laporta reassuring you that yes the problems are all solved and you can come play for us and we'll pay you half a million euros a week and be part of the next legendary Barca team. I'm not surprised that they still have the power to turn players' heads, the thing that surprises me is that the agents don't talk them out of it by showing the players a powerpoint that's just 100 slides saying THEY HAVE NO MONEY over and over again.

that's what reportedly happened w/ Raphinha: Chelsea had a huge bid, everything was wrapped up, but Raph's agent stepped in and reminded him that he had always wanted to play for Barcelona.

Why yes, Raphinha's agent is former Barcelona star Deco, why do you ask?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Deco also works for Barcelona in some capacity.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Mes que un conflict of interest

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

vyelkin posted:

You know I thought football had gotten to cynical for this sentiment but I guess that must be it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hadji murad posted:

Deco also works for Barcelona in some capacity.
He also had a lovely time at Chelsea so, lmao

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1557256682861903873

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
funniest outcome of all this is that frenkie de jong's contract was fraudulent and PSG decide that Neymar's was and take legal action to recover their 200m

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Sid Lowe was talking about this on a recent Guardian podcast. Apparently there’s a bunch of Spanish clubs hovering on or near their limits as set by La Liga and will need to do a bit of their own lever pulling to register new signings. Atletico Madrid is another there are rumblings about. Nowhere near as bad as Barca’s situation, who had their limit set at -€144 million for the season, but we’ll probably see similar stuff to what they’re doing on a smaller scale across the league.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tbh it's shady poo poo from La Liga and Tebas. Tebas wants as many clubs as possible to sign the CVC deal so La Liga still has pandemic limits on spending instead of the pre pandemic limit despite every team being able to play for full stadiums.

Also at this point a rich billionaire owner would deffo be better for Barca than the politicians who just promise a lot of poo poo and kick the problems down the road. While unpopular, two seasons just using their loving renowned academy players and they would have their poo poo sorted, instead they are pawning their entire future and signing 34 year Olds lol

While Madrid in theory has the same system, Perez has set so many limits on who can run for president that there's not the same amount of idiots trying to get elected

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1557368683428806657?s=21&t=QJpKjaTMQl26e1hPy33iGw

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao forever if united get kessie for free instead of de jong for €lots

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1558034003692765187?t=X4ITa6opN1wYlvU9fK9nOg&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They're also doing whatever this is

https://twitter.com/alex_dreyfus/status/1558036784331857921?t=peVHIwgDBAPlA_PoQwkA9Q&s=19

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I refuse to believe there is any way someone could explain to me what a “tokenized sports exchange” is without it sounding like a complete scam.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Im imagining as we speak a blockchain dedicated to sports & entertainment and operated by the IP owners themselves. I Imagine FC Barcelona generating a new revenue stream as a node/validator

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Smh at any agent who doesn't immediately hang up the phone at the first mention of the word 'blockchain'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
yes Marcos I know you've seen the news about the club but there's nothing to worry about, you see, your contract will be paid out in full, guaranteed, only instead of euros it's denominated in @chiliz $CHZ 2.0

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hit it, joan!

https://youtu.be/kWVFEVWJMz8

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Edward Mass posted:

There is a non-zero chance Barca will start paying employees in cryptocurrency.

nailed it

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I miss the old @chiliz $CHZ 1.0
whatever happened to that guy?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1558186327178346498

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

outstanding, truly mes que un node/validator

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol la Liga instantly using them in promotions

https://twitter.com/LaLiga/status/1558367663268691968?t=WK3f66fNKwbC2kj7G1j1Cg&s=19

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mes que un lever

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Some journo is desperately trying to say “we’re not uniquely bad, everyone else is just jealous”

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/1558446265398083585?s=21&t=-yZEX0t6vQaJi3Ari_52hQ

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

mes que un lever

lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just like they drew it up.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

Have Barca considered that a monorail may be a sound investment?

barcelona sold deulofeu to everton, krkic to stoke and samper to vissei kobe and by gum it put them on the map

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol the season's starting well. and de jong is by far their best player

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I'm going to make the La Liga thread where 3 posters can muster maybe two pages of replies while we have a good laugh about barca

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

tristeham posted:

lol the season's starting well. and de jong is by far their best player

So with them registering all their players now the urgency to get rid of De Jong is probably mostly gone now, right? Or do they want to sell him to get Bernardo Silva from City still?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

jettisonedstuff posted:

So with them registering all their players now the urgency to get rid of De Jong is probably mostly gone now, right? Or do they want to sell him to get Bernardo Silva from City still?

Still needs to register Kounde

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Hegay posted:

I'm going to make the La Liga thread where 3 posters can muster maybe two pages of replies while we have a good laugh about barca

i dont like madrid but hot drat they got a tasty squad. wanna see what its like when camavinga becomes a regular starter and the older guys start getting phased out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jettisonedstuff posted:

they want to sell De Jong still because his salary is €560,962 per week for the next four years, and they want to spend that 116.7 million euros on new faces right now