Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best text editor
This poll is closed.
emacs 0 0%
vim 11 20.00%
notepad 2 3.64%
notepad ++ 10 18.18%
textedit 2 3.64%
microsoft word 2 3.64%
notes.app 3 5.45%
vscode 7 12.73%
sublime or atomic or one of those 7 12.73%
textwrangler (remember that one?) 3 5.45%
<textarea> in the browser 2 3.64%
this thread 6 10.91%
Total: 25 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

use vscode idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Zlodo posted:

ive just used vi
through an adb connection
to a bluestacks instance
through the windows command line
through a remote desktop connection
to my mom's brand new laptop
to edit a config file
for an awful mobile game

powerful curse. you are a dutiful child

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Lifroc posted:

notepad++ lmao, throw that poo poo out the window.

learn vim, then throw vim out the window and install emacs with evil. if you're a js developer install neovim and enjoy the constant churn and breakage you're so used to.

if you love satan and need to be productive, just use vscode.

neovim works fine and requires no plugin janitoring. i only use it for quick edits in a shell tho, vscode owns for anything more studly

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

idk what the hell u r doing but i open my thing, edit a couple of likes, write and quit. nvim just has all the good syntax highlighting built in without loving about