Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DiHK posted:

Here is the offending post as quoted by the local IK and my follow up, which is a much more incriminating lean into the initial shitpost.

I have to tell you all that I am a special kind of dumb rear end. I am ND and sometimes I just don't interpret things that probably seem obvious to others. Initially I thought the probe was about asking for filez. That didn't make sense but whatever, just a 6er. I did my usual thing and chatted at Seth to show that I didn't have any hard feelings over getting probed.

There are 2 things that I want to bring up here in QCS.

1) Non-specific language in the Punishment Reason

This is not the first time I've been late to learning exactly why something I said got a probe. Last year Genesplicer probed me twice for using the C word. I didn't figure it out until after the second probe. Neither Probation Reasons said anything about what I actually did and Gene mentioning that it was a repeat offense was my only clue to figuring out that there was a moratorium on "oval office".

There is no information here that I can do anything with. Clearly I do not know better, and "knowing better" implies that I actually intended a threat of violence or really wanted people to tell me how to make drones and 3d printers. This reason doesn't even line up with the why Seth gave me in PMs.

Fact is that I still can't say with any certainty whether the probe was about file sharing or violence or "in-minecraft". I feel like that's a degree of importance above my personal feelings about a given probe.

2)No clear rule to reference

There's a rule about file sharing but I wouldn't trust anyone who read my shitpost and came away believing I was actually seeking clandestine information on a public forum.

There's a rule about not asking people to kill themselves. There's even a rule about calling people Pedos. If you don't want people implying violent action in a thread about a war of aggression then make it a rule.

If you don't want people using the euphemism "in-minecraft" in a specific thread, then make it a rule. Dumb bad jokes are central to GBS and if you want to phase one out then put it in writing and follow up on reinforcing it. There's precedent: "I'm gay".

If you don't want a hard fast rule on any of those things that's ok too. But it means that I was probed for making a dumb bad joke, in which case just say that instead. I'd be fine with that.

OK, well, that probably won't go anywhere but I guess it's better than making a post in GBS titled "C*** IN MINECRAFT" with a nice big untagged goatse.

GBS mods have dishonoured the moderator family by not enumerating the rule violations in the probation reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

trying to fight the speeding ticket you got from robbing the bank