Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
There is nothing like seeing a decrepit old person slowly and arduously moving through the crosswalk at a speed so slow it seems farcical, somehow still being in the road as the incredibly long pedestrian sign stops blinking, trudging on as if every slow step represents the accumulated pain and weight of a life time...

... to make you think "being old must loving suck lol" as you speed away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

you're supposed to carry them and their groceries across as a feat of strength

people will see it on your achievement board at your funeral

It is kind of funny how perception of strength/fitness changes with years. I did the literal "help old lady carry groceries once". She lived next door to me on the second floor of an apartment building. On top of being old she clearly had some kind of back issue and walked with a hunch. She had a little walker cart with 3-4 bags of groceries and instead of taking the bags out I just hoisted the whole contraption up and carried it up the stairs. This is not a boast. I actually wasn't in great shape at the time, most grown men could have done it. But to her it was like Hercules had just shown up and lifted a giant boulder over his head lol. She remarked out loud "you're so strong!!!" and thought I must to go the gym a lot (I didn't at all).

Even my mom who isn't even that old and doesn't have health problems now regards acts which are common for adult men to perform to be incredible feats of strength.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jelly posted:

When girls tell you your dick is super big do you believe them?

OP I made it quite clear in the post that it was a mundane act and nothing impressive on my part.