Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

The second All In is on track to do only marginally worse than the first, at a certain point it's just part of the equation.

Doomers hate this info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Kennel posted:

He should make a comeback after two months.

I can think of no one better for Ric Flair to die in the ring against.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kvantum posted:

Those 2023 AEW Attendance numbers have to be thrown way off by All In.

People that use average instead of median are always hiding something.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What's the WWE number if you exclude Wrestlemania

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Does WWE's attendance numbers include the Saudi shows

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Are those numbers good?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

roh has ads?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Are those numbers good?

WBD is currently paying probably around $80m per year for all of AEW's content.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

And is that good?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

apophenium posted:

And is that good?

A 2x+ return on their investment is probably something they're happy about, yes.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

JUNGLE BOY posted:

roh has ads?

I'm wondering the same thing lol.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I assume it's Thurston, but what's the source?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I assume it's Thurston, but what's the source?

Not Thurston, basically some dude in the Fightful discord who claims to work for the ad industry.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I mean it needs context.

ROH stuff is just weird, unless they are making a case that WBD is interested in picking up a ROH show

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pylons posted:

so what do we all think is tk's negotiating rate for the renewal?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Coaaab posted:

so what do we all think is tk's negotiating rate for the renewal?

I think Tony's primary concern is the "$1b renewal for AEW" headline. If that means he locks into WBD for more years than the standard 5, who knows, but if he goes with the 5, that means he needs at least $250m a year from all of AEW's content.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

roh has ads?

EST stands for "estimated" it is not ads sold to the self help cult from The Americans.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

edit: sorry i dont know how i just saw a super old rear end post and thought it was new

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 23, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pylons posted:

I think Tony's primary concern is the "$1b renewal for AEW" headline. If that means he locks into WBD for more years than the standard 5, who knows, but if he goes with the 5, that means he needs at least $250m a year from all of AEW's content.

Wouldn't it be $200m/yr

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Wouldn't it be $200m/yr
You're right, small error on my part.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

You're right, small error on my part.

mr big shot, 50 million is a small error to em.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

mr big shot, 50 million is a small error to em.

we finally found the TK sockpuppet account

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

we finally found the TK sockpuppet account

if it was TK's account it would say they've been here since 2000

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1783626807490801878

The lowest ratings since Jericho's wife stormed the Capitol. Coming off a PPV with a world title change and a universally praised match. Not to mention the closing angle with the owner's son doing what he said he'd never do and putting himself on tv in an angle.

At what point does the conversation go from "how much will AEW get in their next media deal?" to "will AEW get another media deal?" Why would a Warner-Discovery that's facing the prospect of paying through the nose to keep NBA coverage and is cutting costs to the bone in every other aspect give more money to a depreciating asset without having to outbid someone else?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

The lowest ratings since Jericho's wife stormed the Capitol. Coming off a PPV with a world title change and a universally praised match. Not to mention the closing angle with the owner's son doing what he said he'd never do and putting himself on tv in an angle.

At what point does the conversation go from "how much will AEW get in their next media deal?" to "will AEW get another media deal?" Why would a Warner-Discovery that's facing the prospect of paying through the nose to keep NBA coverage and is cutting costs to the bone in every other aspect give more money to a depreciating asset without having to outbid someone else?

I shouldn't bite but whatever.

1) Coast to Coast chops off about 8-10%. Figure about .25 for the demo and they're down .1 from their average over the past few weeks (barring the ratings bump from the Footage)

2) Incredibly heavy sports competition last night.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1783626550434283674

3) Because aside from sports it is literally their highest performing asset and the NBA doesn't run all year.

4) Who says they wouldn't have any other bids? It's the highest performing show on Wednesday cable and one of the highest of the week.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

I shouldn't bite but whatever.

1) Coast to Coast chops off about 8-10%. Figure about .25 for the demo and they're down .1 from their average over the past few weeks (barring the ratings bump from the Footage)

2) Incredibly heavy sports competition last night.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1783626550434283674

3) Because aside from sports it is literally their highest performing asset and the NBA doesn't run all year.

4) Who says they wouldn't have any other bids? It's the highest performing show on Wednesday cable and one of the highest of the week.

Against said heavy competition last year they did an 863,000/.25. A year later it's a 200k drop.

No, the NBA doesn't run all year. But the amount of money they're going to have to pay the NBA is going to have to come from somewhere. Yes, some of it will come from upping the ad rates for NBA games, but the more of their money that goes to the NBA means less for everyone else.

As for other bids, a smart Warner-Discovery lets AEW go shopping in the free market. Come back with whatever you find from whomever else is out there and they'll make a decision from there. No point in bidding against yourself.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Against said heavy competition last year they did an 863,000/.25. A year later it's a 200k drop.

No, the NBA doesn't run all year. But the amount of money they're going to have to pay the NBA is going to have to come from somewhere. Yes, some of it will come from upping the ad rates for NBA games, but the more of their money that goes to the NBA means less for everyone else.

As for other bids, a smart Warner-Discovery lets AEW go shopping in the free market. Come back with whatever you find from whomever else is out there and they'll make a decision from there. No point in bidding against yourself.

Why are you posting viewership figures, they don't matter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Hi friend, I'm sorry that you think people outside of the demo matter. You think people would have learned that during the pandemic but I guess not.Very sad.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Tony Khan, literally a week ago:

quote:

“After the ratings came in...TBS called me and told me good job. You have to remember that I’m responsible for everybody’s job in this company, and it is really important for us to please the network. And TBS was really happy with that show and that performance. That’s the most important thing. And our fan feedback on the show that we got, the rating is the number one source of fan feedback in the end.

The network, and they were incredibly pleased, it was over 400,000 viewers in the 18-49 demographic, and that was a strong performance. And that is how TBS judges the show, and how TBS judges the show is the most important metric I have for the performance.

The viewership number is the number one metric for their media partner and thus is the number one metric for AEW in general.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Praying my hardest for AEW to die but it is still alive despite the ratings 😞.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Failing numbers is something like Power Slap doing 250,000 after Dynamite, not what AEW is pulling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

The viewership number is the number one metric for their media partner and thus is the number one metric for AEW in general.

Are you loving stupid?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the nba games on tnt last year did a 1.49 and a 1.4 in comparison to this years 1.0s. the nba is dying even harder than aew.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

You shouldn't have bit

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Pylons posted:

Are you loving stupid?

I think you know the answer to this one, Pylons.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Shard posted:

You shouldn't have bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

C. Everett Koop posted:

lol all you had to do was read 2 paragraphs. embarrassing