Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cursedshitbox posted:

Reconfiguring our unifi at Midlands. Kept getting some strange interference knocking out our wifi disrupting services so we attributed it to a lower end signal booster from somewhere else in the LTVA. Which meant gaining physical access to our AP to reset it. Which the login was long lost. Cue getting the software tools up and running. Removing the 100 or so pounds of food from the pull out pantry, then undoing all four 100lb slides to get at the AP. It had no markings on the release tab or which direction. Protip: BE NICE TO FUTURE YOU, THEY'RE HAVING A poo poo DAY. In writing this... I wonder about the above awning and this interference as this happened three days prior.

most of the ubnt gear i have experience with is airmax, not unifi, but my recollection is that the power injector also has a reset button to save you the trouble. does the consumer stuff not have that? i guess it's less of a hassle to pull a uap off the ceiling than it is to go climb a mast or a roof to get to a bullet or nanostation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Nystral posted:

AFAIK none of my APs have a remote reset button. The ceiling mount vs in wall APs like what CSB has has a pinhole near the POE port.

CSB are you running a POE to the unifi?

i know that they do have the reset button on the device, but some ubnt gear def does have another one on the injector

the one that came with my nanostation looks like this:

and has this lil button on the back:

i would assume they would do this for other models, but perhaps not

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

everdave posted:

Is there a reason someone would mess with tire, I assumed if you were at remote campsites no one would be about that but seems not.

well, california does have its share of good ole boys, especially out in the sticks

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
this thread is a historical retelling, isnt it?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cursedshitbox posted:

Despite being the Audi of bikes this one runs like a well oiled machine. The more scenic parts of the ride.

lol isnt any machine hanging off the back of your rig well oiled

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SpeedFreek posted:

I'm waiting to see how he pulls this engine without a good sized tree nearby, I don't see any engine hoist.

isnt that what the "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" boxes in the uhaul are?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
recipe yields one carnita

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
something something ford the desert

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

I assume there's a powder-based or injectable component to the wage in addition to the cash portion :v:

usually there's also the "where the gently caress else are you going to go in this nowhere-rear end town?" aspect, but if mcD's across the street pays 50c an hour more... idk man

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Irregardless of anything else. You and your partner have clearly shown the more dark side of trying to fully live on the road in one of these types of setups, and it's eye opening. I don't think this is just you being cursed, I think most people never realize how hard and rough it can be to actually do this, let alone the "influencers" that never show the difficult side let alone how much blood you've put in. You came in with a ton of previous experiences and tons of prep work and still have fought and bled to get this through, let alone how much you personally do no one else would think of regarding maintenance and checklists.

i think this is right on. last time i went on a jeeping trip, we ended up breaking one of the rigs and lost like 2 days dealing with it. small potatoes compared to the content in this thread, and mostly unrelated, but when i was complaining out loud about the crazy one-in-a-million failure we had experienced, i said something like "that never happens!" within earshot of the fabricator who was helping us extract some broken bolts. with a sigh, he said "this kind of thing happens all the time, but this time it happened to you." made me think.

anyway, most people go on camping trips and don't have any issues, and if they do it's just once or twice, or maybe they know a guy who knows a guy who blew up a motor once or whatever. statistically, those failures are distributed among a wide group, and nobody rolls the dice enough times to be personally bit by it. when you're out there fulltiming it, you roll the dice every day. maybe that one failure is one-in-a-million, but you have thousands of parts. you roll the dice enough times, and it'll happen to you. do it every day, and it'll seem like it happens all the time.

weekend warriors just don't put the kind of stress on the equipment that csb does, not because csb is unlucky, but because there are just that many more opportunities for something to go wrong. statistics always win in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
how in the world do you have enough focus to do like 1/10 of that, much less all of it? superpowers, gotta be.

also i forgot five-ton lady had another name (and the car to go with it), lmao