Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I rarely check for threads outside my bookmarks. Glad I did today. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

You don't know till you know. And if you know, you know. But you can also forget, so put that poo poo in a spreadsheet.

I like this.

Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update :f5:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I saw the first pic of the bag and thought it looked like it was rubbing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It lives, dies, and lives again. :five:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

rdb posted:

I think I have mentioned it, but if you find yourself along I64 in southern Indiana I have a shop with 50amp, water, sewer, and a 12k two poster if you need it.

I have no cool accommodations in Detroit but would ride MTBs and have a beer if you come through again. :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Gosh you guys can't read. Both rain and snow will fix the pump!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gently caress yeah. I love how a bum engine seems like a minor stumbling block. Ever onward!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

:five:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Other assholes exist so it's ok to be an rear end in a top hat!

Polluting the air less is good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

dildo the flatlander

If anybody is looking for a user name, well you found it

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

The voltec system was brilliant. The gas generator was about as refined as the iron duke that powers Grumman LLVs. The platform is very...Opel. I liked it. It's heavy down low and corners like a sled. The car was sold to me having everything. It had everything except ACC. Turns out it was 2 months too old to have the harness. I had the car for maybe 6 months and 1500 miles. Camped in it a couple times. 2020 happened and all of a sudden I didn't need 2 motos, a truck, and a car.

It too made an excellent camper. Plug it in, put a hair scrunchie over the gear switch lockout and the hvac system stays live.

I would totally harvest parts from one to use as a hybrid conversion.
I worked on the gen 2 volt, on the engine specifically. :argh: at the bolded part. Pretty much all of the engineering was done in the US, at least the powertrain. I don't remember how much Opel was involved at that point. Usually cursed at, I just wanted to give some of the :911: engineers an ounce of credit. We can make good vehicles... when the stars align.

It was a great car and so much better than the gen 1, especially with mass. I was sad when it was killed off, something they probably regret doing in hindsight. It's been awhile since then but it's probably the product I was most proud of.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

It was disappointing they killed the platform. for a gm product it punched well above its weight. My complaints with the ice is purely in open loop on cold start. it was rough and loud, despite the car having 18k-mi. I sent it over to chev for a pcm update and reflash that kind of helped but didn't. Once warm it was fine. Sometimes on startup it would be rough enough I could feel it in the floorpan. But as we're learning in this thread not every example is the same and I'm a poo poo magnet for outliers.

I'd prob still have the car if it weren't for 2020 and all that it entails. It was magnificent at road trips. I like its sorta-related sibling, the ELR too but those go for far far too much money.

Cat light off to warm it up quickly for emissions. Since the engine was rarely coupled to the wheels like a normal car we were able to do whatever was needed for best efficiency. I'm not sure if that meant that it idled higher at cold start but yeah the noise when the engine started cold wasn't great. Everything is a trade off.

Love the pics as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What a thread. And that loving turbo eating truck. :argh: