Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Can you explain what's happened there a little more? I take it they didn't use a proper 3 point mounting like CSB has shown before, instead welding the camper unit to the frame?

Is the problem the metallurgical effects of the weld or the frame loading? Intuitively I'd think that more even loading along the rails would be better but sounds like that's the opposite of what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Indian food is fantastic and the ideal thing to do with left over roast chicken. Or that Thanksgiving turkey, stick the leftovers in a curry, better than the main roast.

There was one of these things in the village over Christmas, not necessarily the same builder but the same base vehicle. Super cool if total overkill for driving up and down Swiss ski resort roads.

https://www.motor1.com/news/577558/mercedes-atego-krug-expedition-project-rhino/

Also I can't help thinking €300k would get me a 911 and a LOT of hotel nights.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

With knowledge only derived from reading this thread, I can't see any way that thing isn't going to come apart at the join between the cab and whatever body they build onto it. PU bushings aren't going to allow a lot of flex surely.

Also I clicked through from that video to a Grind Hard one where they are advertising their totenkopf logo merchandise, another one for the pile I guess

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Thread continues to deliver. I'm learning a lot about things I will never drive (though I do have a truck license and trained on the Coyote 6x6).

I passed a F150 on the autoroute yesterday and it was absurdly big compared to local traffic.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Presumably you can't really take a caravan on anything significantly hilly off-road. Descending would be a nightmare.

Got to say having a boat sounds a lot of fun exploring coastal areas. I guess no slipways so getting it into the water is a bit ???

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

cursedshitbox posted:

Yes! Glacially slow but will get there.

This fucker has been listed for quite a while. Graft in a hightop and send.

(click photo for ad)

This had me thinking a Pinzgauer would work, and looks like it would!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-pinzgauer-718/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Wow that is amazingly poo poo. Is this just "bad luck" or is the takeaway that these trucks aren't as heavy duty as advertised?

Clearly you're being fairly demanding of it, but my impression sas that these are intended as work machines and should be capable of doing this stuff for an extended period of time.