Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Fortunately there is a solution to that called the C306.

Probably still too small with the default body though. I wonder what ever happened with Dockers C306.

I SLUMBER...

I'm afraid to disappoint the thread, but...

not much.

In my defense, shortly after I moved out here, I lucked into a job that catapaulted my career considerably. I've tripled my salary (more if you include healthcare benefits, which I did not have prior), and have been ... extremely busy, doing other things. Like building an entire homelab from scratch to learn how to do full sysadmin stuff. And then having to put myself through school for a full 4 year degree while working - My boss fought for me, and got them to "hold" a position for 3 years while I worked on the degree that it required. (I stuffed a 4 year degree into 3 years while working full time).

In the meanwhile, the Volvo experienced a total failure of the old brake system. I have completely replaced it, and the brakes WORK, but I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the non-adjustable drum system dialed in. I need to double-pump in order to fully engage them, and I'm 99.9% certain it's not air in the system, as it feels solid and doesn't "Fade" after 30 seconds, it stays locked. I THINK it's a case that I'm adjusting them wrong, and they need to be adjusted so they are dragging and not "back off one notch" or it's something I'm missing.
In either case, the whole project is on hold, as I want to completely gut and renovate it, but to do that I need a shop to work on it. And, well, while I have a shop, it's not in good shape right now, the previous owner kinda ramshackle-expanded it and left the back end as dirt and exposed, so humidity got into the building and wrecked the interior, and there's insulation falling off the walls and we still have crap in there from when we moved in etc...

To alleviate THAT, we need to have space to put a lot of the stuff, which means making room on the property for a place to put the boat trailer and a bunch of the other toys (including OpelLady's new... well I'll let her tell that tale when she's ready)...

but to do THAT means levelling off hillside and clearing out trees,
so uh,
welcome to the latest member of the family?

So yeah... I haven't been idle per se, just.... ridiculously busy on other fronts, driving myself insane. I do plan to get the shop rebuilt soon, I just need to finish out a couple of extra rooms in the garage we converted into office/lab/server/comedy 80's rumpus room to clear out materials from the shop. and finish the new parking spaces and storage spaces to clear out the other stuff. so I can gut the interior walls of the shop and rebuild it with a loft, with a nice HVAC controlled room for the machine equipment downstairs and storage up top....

plans. y'know.

What shocks me is the car I bought when I first got this job (my first new car I ever bought) ... I make the final payment on in 3 months. Where the everloving gently caress did the last 5 years go?

Anyways, Hi. I'm still here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU