Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Raluek posted:

most of the ubnt gear i have experience with is airmax, not unifi, but my recollection is that the power injector also has a reset button to save you the trouble. does the consumer stuff not have that? i guess it's less of a hassle to pull a uap off the ceiling than it is to go climb a mast or a roof to get to a bullet or nanostation

AFAIK none of my APs have a remote reset button. The ceiling mount vs in wall APs like what CSB has has a pinhole near the POE port.

CSB are you running a POE to the unifi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Looking back at it, would you have preferred hammering away at the old bus you had what must have been 5 years back? IIRC you sold it and were looking to move overseas for a time then bought the truck and camper with the idea of GTFO of the Bay Area for a bit even before COVID hit.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

IIRC during your build thread you were using an eink monitor of some kind. Any details on that and how it worked out?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

How far behind current time are your updates? IIRC we started this roughly a year behind, are you still roughly on that time line or has it shortened or lengthened during the telling.

I ask because in the Vampire Panties Taco thread you mentioned having two broken trucks, and I was under the impression you had fixed the princess between your updates here and now. Which makes me :ohdear: about the future failure of Princess after Donk literally having a broken back.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

I’ve followed every CSB thread and post about the various RV projects since the Bus build. I’ve always appreciated the unvarnished view of the life those posts show, and despite some truly amazing experiences I know it’s not a path for me. That’s of incredible value, and I’m not sure how to explain that in words. Thank you somehow seems less then fair.