Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pretty choice for what I'm sure is not a place of honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

My uncle had one of these. Great trucks.

One of these resprayed in powder blue was my very first vehicle, it was a trooper.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

One of my favorite things about AI as a whole.

We'll happily look at your concours toy, but we're all really here for automotive gore.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Reminder that its making a solid 50 psi of blowby at idle. I probably don't want to know what its doing at 55mph.

What we have here is a very solid industrially sized (oily) air compressor.

Can't lie, I'm amazed you got it to 55 without something detonating.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'd hope so, otherwise CSB has become even more terrifying if he can hulk up and hoist that engine into the pickup that neatly by hand.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

STR posted:

If the constable's brother's nephew's second cousin twice removed managed to gently caress up my car this bad with a light bar and strobes (seriously, nearly 2 years in and I'm still chasing brake light issues, and every time, I find some new circle of hell of hidden wiring that I thought I eradicated over a year ago), I can only imagine what's hiding in THAT.

I bet it's all particle board and glue.

I think that's just CVPIs. I'm still fighting my passenger side turn signal five years in because there's an intermittent short somewhere inside the fender that likes to send it to high speed. Not to mention the holes in the roof just sealed with a plastic plug and a bunch of black rubberized coating.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

STR posted:

The most annoying part when the constable brother's nephew's second cousin twice removed butchers all the wiring like this...

Ford gives you connections to hook up drat near everything when you order the police wiring prep package (which my car has - never been touched, still has unpinned plugs). You can order the rest to be pretty much plug and play. But noooooo, they had to go and dick with all the wiring to save a few hundred bucks. At least they left a hole behind the license plate and some poo poo splices for the reverse lights, made it easy to throw in a backup camera. And they didn't bother with any sealant on mine, just slapped plastic plugs in. No leaks that I know of, yet, but they left one antenna on the roof.

Is it still trying to run away pissing oil into the intake, or was that caused by the 50+ PSI in the crankcase at idle?

Plug on mine is undersized, they just slapped the sealant around it to make it 'fit'.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

What are steel beams if not an Extremely Large Weld Bead anyway. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Irregardless of anything else. You and your partner have clearly shown the more dark side of trying to fully live on the road in one of these types of setups, and it's eye opening. I don't think this is just you being cursed, I think most people never realize how hard and rough it can be to actually do this, let alone the "influencers" that never show the difficult side let alone how much blood you've put in. You came in with a ton of previous experiences and tons of prep work and still have fought and bled to get this through, let alone how much you personally do no one else would think of regarding maintenance and checklists.

Personally I was massively surprised the 550 was such a poo poo job at this, and it's been nothing but trouble. It does make me think that it's not just the fact you have it as a cab over, but that you'd be dealing with just as much issues if it was a towed camper to. For sure you've shown how many issues a cab over would be for basically any truck on the market due to weight and frame complications.

Basically I just have learned a lot from you here and it's been a wild ride. You've put up and fixed way more poo poo then I think many people would be able to. Jesus you did an engine swap in the street behind a drat uhaul in basically a day!

100% this. If CSB wasn't an experienced diesel tech and hard-headed bastard willing to fix anything that looks at him funny until it can't break again, this wouldn't even be doable, and my respect for him and his partner's ability to put up with sheer bullshit through no fault of their own is very high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

For gently caress's sake, did Ford set out to make the turbo on that piece of poo poo a consumable part?