Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

cursedshitbox posted:

I've seen a string of failures with the Dana S110/130/M300 axle, running extremely heavy, and the 42s. With the duals the load is centered over the massive bearings. Going super single, does this, loading the races in incorrect ways. Those tires are rated for 68mph. The G275 is rated for 81mph. That's a lot of rotational speed on incorrectly loaded bearings. I do not think that a wheel bearing failure would have caused the driveline to fail. It's a full float axle.

I think the dumbest part of that is it appears they didn't do it for a good reason. There is nothing occupying the space where the inner tire would go. They didn't gain cabin space or lower floor height or articulation or anything. And they sure as gently caress didn't save any money on this piece of poo poo. The only reason I can imagine is they wanted cooler wheels on it. Are there really no cool dual wheels? Could they not put a more appropriate axle on it?

edit: Mother of god, it can carry over 1000 lb of diesel.

And yeah it looks like they didn't do any weight saving on it. Motorized bed/table? Glass shower door? External subwoofers? I bet the countertop is actual 3/4" thick quartz. This thing is not intended to go off road at all, it is intended to park near other people at a paved park and annoy the poo poo out of them by blasting Skynyrd at 127 dB.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU