Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wait who welded it the owner or the RV builder?

Cuz if it's the RV builder what in the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So what year did the v6 in the JKs stop being garbage exactly? Are they relatively dependable now?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wolrah posted:

That truck's been a bit internet famous recently.

It's almost like a bunch of people with no engineering experience built that thing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's a niche vehicle marketed towards people with more money than sense. The ultimate Mall Crawler to park on pavement and sip martinis in, it's more of a suggestion of overlanding really.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Presumably you can't really take a caravan on anything significantly hilly off-road. Descending would be a nightmare.

Got to say having a boat sounds a lot of fun exploring coastal areas. I guess no slipways so getting it into the water is a bit ???

I live in Florida, tons of coastline and lakes, and we take our paddleboards everywhere we go for exploring. Getting into the water is almost never an issue. If we want to go further out of range of the boards for fishing or whatever, we just rent a boat or hire a charter. We also have a 14' skiff that the car handles just fine for more local areas, but we may take it on a few road trips soon.

Have thought of getting one of those small and light tent trailers to camp in that my xB could tow, but it's honestly way better and easier to rent a place to stay in especially in the summer when you gotta have AC. And even if I did want to go to a bigger travel trailer and get a truck/suv to tow it, I don't have the room for it anyway. So our mode of travel and adventure is paddleboards/fishing gear/bikes on the roof of the car and/or tow the skiff to a location we want to explore and use an Air BnB for base camp :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's the poo poo

cursedshitbox posted:

Just run the XB. Seriously.

Oh I plan to, it's been all over Florida already, I'm gonna run it into the ground unless I give it to my son then he can.

Thought about getting a Maverick hybrid for awhile but it's not worth the bullshit, and this thread hasn't helped my confidence in Ford either :v: