Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

what does 56k NO mean :dafuq:

It means that if you're using a modem (typically one that gets 56 kilobits per sec, aka 7 kilobytes per second or kbps, then opening this thread is not recommended since it will take a long time for all the pictures to load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Areola Grande posted:

what does 56k NO mean :dafuq:

In the days of yore, dial-up internet was typically 56k. [56k NO] was used on the forums in thread titles to signal to dial-up users that the thread was image or video heavy and not suitable for their slow internet speeds

lol

sb hermit

Even in modern times, it is useful to tell people with metered connections (where every megabyte costs money) or bandwidth limited connections (3G or satellite) that such threads are data heavy so they should hold off on loading it until they get a better (or cheaper) connection.

sb hermit

I first browsed BBSes on a 2400 baud modem in the early 90s and a megabyte took 20 minutes. I kid you not.

Chewbecca

sb hermit posted:

It means that if you're using a modem (typically one that gets 56 kilobits per sec, aka 7 kilobytes per second or kbps, then opening this thread is not recommended since it will take a long time for all the pictures to load

:hfive:

Chewbecca

I assume the brown water is run off from the floods, it doest usually look like that

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Chewbecca posted:

In the days of yore, dial-up internet was typically 56k. [56k NO] was used on the forums in thread titles to signal to dial-up users that the thread was image or video heavy and not suitable for their slow internet speeds

lol

sorry I didn't know 56k modems were still around :lofty: :fsmug:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

I bet they are. like in Antarctica or w/e

Chewbecca

Areola Grande

looks like a vidya game. Mirror's Edge perhaps

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Stoner Sloth

dang, some beautiful pics there friend - hope you had a lovely day out! :shobon:

Twenty Four

Areola Grande posted:

looks like a vidya game. Mirror's Edge perhaps

I was thinking like lego or something but yeah, thats nuts! Also again enjoying the pics! :)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

New minecraft shaders looking great

Chewbecca

sb hermit

that interior is seriously intricate... is that a big store or something?

Chewbecca

sb hermit posted:

that interior is seriously intricate... is that a big store or something?

Its a great big fancy hotpot restaurant :fork:

Finger Prince

Hotpot... Just Chinese fondue, innit.

Stoner Sloth

drat that looks pretty amazing, if i get over to melbourne again some time i'll definitely have to pay it a visit!

sb hermit

Stoner Sloth posted:

drat that looks pretty amazing, if i get over to melbourne some time i'll definitely have to pay it a visit!

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

sb hermit

If you told me that this was a photo from the 19th century but AI upscaled and colorized, I would have believed you.

Well, I would have believed you until I saw the ads for phantom of the opera and the modern looking cars.

It's a classy building and a great shot!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Thanks for the awesome photos of a cool place I've never been!

Areola Grande

she's one hell of a photographer. errbody loves u chewb :dbuddy:

Chewbecca

sb hermit posted:

If you told me that this was a photo from the 19th century but AI upscaled and colorized, I would have believed you.

Well, I would have believed you until I saw the ads for phantom of the opera and the modern looking cars.

It's a classy building and a great shot!

This is the beautiful and historic General Post Office building, which now hosts a big ol' H&M

Melbourne as a city has been very good at retaining a lot of its old architecture and facades in a way other cities <*cough* Sydney *cough*> haven't done as successfully

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

she's one hell of a photographer. errbody loves u chewb :dbuddy:

Its been lovely for me to explore Melbourne and take pics with a new perspective, so I consider myself the lucky one in this equation!

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Twenty Four

Some pretty cool old looking buildings there!

Chewbecca

Twenty Four

lol thats awesome

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

sb hermit

polly woodside is a classy name for a boat

and a bird

sb hermit

can anyone confirm if this is a six string bass?

sb hermit

batman park is a cool name for a park

there should be a batman movie in melbourne

Twenty Four

sb hermit posted:

can anyone confirm if this is a six string bass?

I can't zoom in at all to get a good read, but based on my knowledge, considering the body shape, the placement of the pickups, and the design of the headstock, I am pretty confident that it is either a "Fender Telecaster" or an imitation of one. Two pickup design from what I can see with his hand in the way, with a slanted one at the bridge, straight one at the neck, thinner the usual headstock with an iconic design, the volume, tone, and pickup selector knobs are in the right place with the usual chrome hardware behind them. I would say regular 6 string electric guitar, though I guess someone has to have make a bass that looks like a Telecaster at some point?

Typically they have a pick guard going from the bridge pickup towards the neck and then downwards that this one is missing, and a little more flare on the top end of the body towards the neck that this one is more subtle about, so either it's an odd year model, or a knock off, which is super common because it is an iconic style of guitar.

My bet would be on a look-alike, but since I can't zoom in at all to do more than a guess from a long distance but it's still cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Chewb, you have a great eye and I have many thoughts on your art.

What are you shooting with?