Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

Twenty Four posted:

I can't zoom in at all to get a good read, but based on my knowledge, considering the body shape, the placement of the pickups, and the design of the headstock, I am pretty confident that it is either a "Fender Telecaster" or an imitation of one. Two pickup design from what I can see with his hand in the way, with a slanted one at the bridge, straight one at the neck, thinner the usual headstock with an iconic design, the volume, tone, and pickup selector knobs are in the right place with the usual chrome hardware behind them. I would say regular 6 string electric guitar, though I guess someone has to have make a bass that looks like a Telecaster at some point?

Typically they have a pick guard going from the bridge pickup towards the neck and then downwards that this one is missing, and a little more flare on the top end of the body towards the neck that this one is more subtle about, so either it's an odd year model, or a knock off, which is super common because it is an iconic style of guitar.

My bet would be on a look-alike, but since I can't zoom in at all to do more than a guess from a long distance but it's still cool!

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Twenty Four posted:

I can't zoom in at all to get a good read, but based on my knowledge, considering the body shape, the placement of the pickups, and the design of the headstock, I am pretty confident that it is either a "Fender Telecaster" or an imitation of one. Two pickup design from what I can see with his hand in the way, with a slanted one at the bridge, straight one at the neck, thinner the usual headstock with an iconic design, the volume, tone, and pickup selector knobs are in the right place with the usual chrome hardware behind them. I would say regular 6 string electric guitar, though I guess someone has to have make a bass that looks like a Telecaster at some point?

Typically they have a pick guard going from the bridge pickup towards the neck and then downwards that this one is missing, and a little more flare on the top end of the body towards the neck that this one is more subtle about, so either it's an odd year model, or a knock off, which is super common because it is an iconic style of guitar.

My bet would be on a look-alike, but since I can't zoom in at all to do more than a guess from a long distance but it's still cool!

Well let's get you in there

Twenty Four

Not to hijack the thread, but here's a good picture of a standard old Telecaster for reference!

Viginti Septem posted:

Well let's get you in there

It's still about as much for me to say "yeah what I said above, from what I can tell" but thanks!"

sb hermit posted:

Thank you!

Sure thing! I love guitar stuff! Sorry Chewb, I think it's great we can discuss some of your wonderful pictures if you don't mind, but back to your regular scheduled programming!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Viginti Septem posted:

Chewb, you have a great eye and I have many thoughts on your art.

What are you shooting with?

You're far too kind. It's just a Samsung S21 FE

Chewbecca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNtIdQmffg

Twenty Four

:hmmyes:

sb hermit

:pusheen:

Chewbecca

sb hermit posted:

batman park is a cool name for a park

there should be a batman movie in melbourne

John Batman is one of the founders of Melbourne

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Chewbecca posted:

You're far too kind. It's just a Samsung S21 FE

Yes, awesome, just what I was suspecting. You see, an artist can pick up any camera and get great photos from it because they know how to manipulate light and how to tell a story. It doesn't matter if it's a Phase One or a disposable camera, it's a tool to paint your canvas.

Sadly, I don't have examples from an S21, as I never owned one. But I did have the S20 before it:

Don't knock using a phone camera, talent is stored in the brains. :hai:

sb hermit

:pusheen:

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

:hai:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

sb hermit

Festive!

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth

oh wow that is beautiful chewbs and excellent photogging! :getin:

sb hermit

Stoner Sloth posted:

oh wow that is beautiful chewbs and excellent photogging! :getin:

sb hermit

melbourne goes all out on decorations! And it's not even December yet!

Chewbecca

sb hermit posted:

melbourne goes all out on decorations! And it's not even December yet!

Hard to photograph, but I also lined up to see the Myer Christmas windows :covidtree:

They are animatronic display that happens every year. Last year was gumnut babies (an australian classic kids book series) but this year is 100 years of Disney :mufasa:

Stoner Sloth

oh man sorry we missed gumnut babies but these are very cool!

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Hard to photograph, but I also lined up to see the Myer Christmas windows :covidtree:

Stoner Sloth posted:

oh man sorry we missed gumnut babies but these are very cool!

I'm peering at them with google maps and they have very blurry views of december 2014 and 2009. Looks like it's a great use of that public facing space with all the views it's getting.

Chewbecca

Apparently 2021 was Beatrix Potter, so maybe 2020 was gumnut babies? Its all blurred together covid style

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Bonus round: this location played host to a scene from which classic Australian film

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Chewbecca posted:

Bonus round: this location played host to a scene from which classic Australian film

Is that the parking garage of the police I'm Mad Max?

Chewbecca

Bacon Taco posted:

Is that the parking garage of the police I'm Mad Max?

:yeshaha: we have a winner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Its all blurred together covid style

:same: