Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Someone should start making beige gaming desktop cases again, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!
Especially if they cribbed the old platinum stripe design from Apple, that was the best.

so sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can it has Doom on it?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
My desktop is just a jet black case. Black like my soul

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Doesn't even have parts in it, I just sit at my desk on my phone and pretend

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Getting really good at making keyboard clacking noises though

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtEcja0LUI

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I wanted to buy a new mouse and for some reason I thought searching for "gaming mouse" would be a good way to get something comfortable, responsive, and low-frills. Because, you know, a mouse made for playing videogames would sit well in the hand for those long gaming sessions, and would really focus on performance over anything else.

Don't know what I was thinking. Some of the big name expensive ones seem like they fit the idea, but nearly everything else looks like it's about to transform and fight the Autobots (but just the once because the episode gets banned for inducing seizures).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm on the computer

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Lol if your case isn't so old that it has an AMD 64 and Soundblaster Audigy 2 sticker on it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I didn't want any RGB but I bought a $2000 computer 2 years ago so the mobo, graphics card and AIO cooler all forced it on me.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

r u ready to WALK posted:

Someone should start making beige gaming desktop cases again, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!
Especially if they cribbed the old platinum stripe design from Apple, that was the best.

so sexy

I thought these dark green mid 90s Acers looked great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZbYtMuU1I

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

yeah those dark green acers were slick looking

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

so sexy

I have always had a soft spot for those angular brutalist style AT tower cases from the 386/486 era.

Might as well chuck in one of my lovely photoshops while I'm at it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

coldpudding posted:

I have always had a soft spot for those angular brutalist style AT tower cases from the 386/486 era.

Might as well chuck in one of my lovely photoshops while I'm at it

I want to flip that switch real bad

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Really
Giant
Boobs

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think the RBG ones look really cool when you are high on drugs. That is all.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my pc is old, has no lights. in fact it has no side on the case, and the graphics card is propped up with an empty cigarette packet because I lost some screws.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

my pc is old, has no lights. in fact it has no side on the case, and the graphics card is propped up with an empty cigarette packet because I lost some screws.

I like your style.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

BrianRx posted:

I like your style.

seriously this thing is a tank. it's overdue for a clean with a can of air but it's indestructible anyway so I'll get around to it.

the reason it has no side is it used to belong to a friend and his ex gf went crazy and threw it out a window. now the side won't stay on. :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
6 fans currently humming nicely op. Warm 3070 doin good work op.

Life is good OP.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I'm still using the case I got from Jinco Computers in the late 1990's. :D

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKZgtSMb_LU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Walrus posted:

I want to flip that switch real bad

You know that switch takes non-zero effort to flip and makes a very satisfying “chunk” sound/feel. Hell yeah.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

absolute banger :hai:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Bula Vinaka posted:

Why not have some kind of separate fx led light thingie or something that sits next to the computer, and you can connect it via USB and make it do custom lights and poo poo?

Something like this

https://www.newegg.com/ONDTA-OD-SM-...=9SIB7R0GUR4021

Just put that next to the computer case!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bula Vinaka posted:

Something like this

https://www.newegg.com/ONDTA-OD-SM-...=9SIB7R0GUR4021

Just put that next to the computer case!

These duders are p. sweet, but they usually dont do the full RGB spectrum (so no blurple) and they very rarely have any sort of animation.

However thats all sort of passe compared to the new hotness, built in LCD panels

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That’s cool but if I was gonna drop some big bucks on a how box id want my flavored UID embedded on the processor. :shrug:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I used to have a really rad cold cathode with dual layered glass, where the inner glass tube had phosphor coating but was crushed into lots of tiny pieces so you could see the beam going through the gas and stuff.

Nothing will ever top the glorious Lian-Li aquarium though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c7EN2Dolis

Oh my. These days they just make boringly good cases.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

If your tower isn't doubling as a terrarium for mites, checkmate nihilists.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

just make the entire case out of these imo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

seriously this thing is a tank. it's overdue for a clean with a can of air but it's indestructible anyway so I'll get around to it.

the reason it has no side is it used to belong to a friend and his ex gf went crazy and threw it out a window. now the side won't stay on. :shrug:

I'm deducting points from your score due to that being a SATA HDD instead of IDE - really throws off the vibe.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Ngl I am screaming internally at panics pc

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

https://i.imgur.com/WIk1ckj.mp4

:pcgaming: Literally my PC to my right. :pcgaming:

:shrug: I saw an opportunity to make my PC look like a ST TNG set piece and I went for it :shrug:

My ex thought it was sort of silly but didn't care. I'm going to build a full custom cooling loop on my next machine or immersion :getin: so I'd probably add even more lights :shroom:

I dig it. You live your life. Pretty much only my CPU fan cycles through lights. It's not in my bedroom, so that makes it okay, I think.

but also:

Slugworth posted:

Sounds like she cared quite a bit.

I had a buddy that did the whole mount the computer components under a table with long power cords and all that. SO much effort, but still pretty cool.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I wanted to buy a new mouse and for some reason I thought searching for "gaming mouse" would be a good way to get something comfortable, responsive, and low-frills. Because, you know, a mouse made for playing videogames would sit well in the hand for those long gaming sessions, and would really focus on performance over anything else.

Don't know what I was thinking. Some of the big name expensive ones seem like they fit the idea, but nearly everything else looks like it's about to transform and fight the Autobots (but just the once because the episode gets banned for inducing seizures).

For real, check out the SteelSeries types. Sensei, Sensei Ten. They look like normal mice, but do have some extra buttons that aren't super obvious or anything.

But yeah, some definitely look like a tiny auto-bot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I used a Logitech MX500 until the right and left buttons started wearing out, over a decade and a half. Now I use a G502 that I bought a few years ago, it looks like a transformer but it's basically the same mouse with a few more buttons, better ergonomics on the buttons and weights.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The desktop default.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
A big problem on cases made within the last few years or so...

No 5.25" optical drive bays.

Where am I supposed to put my CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, 4K UHD, and blank CDR/DVD+R/BD-R/XL discs? An external USB optical drive? :wtc:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

They really aren’t thou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bula Vinaka posted:

A big problem on cases made within the last few years or so...

No 5.25" optical drive bays.

Where am I supposed to put my CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, 4K UHD, and blank CDR/DVD+R/BD-R/XL discs? An external USB optical drive? :wtc:

Yes? I have an external DVD burner in case I need to work with optical media, and in the year or two I've owned it I still haven't had a reason to unbox it.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

They really aren’t thou

You're right - the RGB is worse.