Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Worf posted:

All of my characters and bot people are Mando's and forever will be so harumph

If they keep adding more flavors of Mando armor I will probably keep spending money on ways to get them 😈
Well there's a whole bunch of planetary armour pieces for bounty hunters and some are very clearly of the Mandalorian type, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Also sometimes it's okay to make an additional outfit just for the hell of it and not actually use it during play.

Also also in my previous post I kind of misrepresented the nature of the costume contest (namely that it's actually just a show with a raffle attached to it) and I made a typo. These have been remedied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Vaylin force ghost fight at the end of the eternal empire dlc is ridiculous. There's literally been nothing even approaching it anywhere else in the game. Somehow I'm expected to tank her massive damage alone with no companion. Even following a guide telling me what to do she murders me every time.
Apparently the solution is to be massively over geared, which I given I'm around lvl 70 seems like a massive ask.
I can skip it and go to the next story dlc, but this really sucks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The Vaylin force ghost fight at the end of the eternal empire dlc is ridiculous. There's literally been nothing even approaching it anywhere else in the game. Somehow I'm expected to tank her massive damage alone with no companion. Even following a guide telling me what to do she murders me every time.
Apparently the solution is to be massively over geared, which I given I'm around lvl 70 seems like a massive ask.

You can always have someone hop into your instance and help you with it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
More than a few fights in that chunk of expansions have been broken by later stuff. I've had level 75 characters with maxed gear fail to beat some of them.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There was another stupidly overpowered boss earlier, a hydra looking thing in some temple, but it wasn't an actual quest objective so I just ended up running past it.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of there's a glitch they never bothered fixing (though it's been a while since I tried it) where you can back up behind the start position to where she can't reach you. She'll line herself up and be damaged repeatedly by the little wisps that spawn there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-qlhh6wIjc

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Whizzing Wizard posted:

There was another stupidly overpowered boss earlier, a hydra looking thing in some temple, but it wasn't an actual quest objective so I just ended up running past it.
Was that a world boss maybe? I ran into a few of those early on and thought they were just normal champion mobs. They are not soloable. I bet people enjoyed watching newbies feed themselves to SD-0 pretty regularly over the years.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

womb with a view posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of there's a glitch they never bothered fixing (though it's been a while since I tried it) where you can back up behind the start position to where she can't reach you. She'll line herself up and be damaged repeatedly by the little wisps that spawn there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-qlhh6wIjc

I could not get this specific trick to work, but somehow I was able to get her into a position at the entrance where she became stunlocked and I was eventually able to win the fight.

Really cool to have to rely on exploits to get past single player story missions.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Bit of news: the upcoming Patch 7.1.1 will feature further rebalancing, QoL improvements across the classes and two new Tacticals (see here - click the Spoiler tag for all the details), as well as Galactic Seasons 3! Wasn't really expecting that before 7.2, to be honest.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
Finally got around to playing this again and bought a sub. Still a bummer you can't be Clingon race though.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

BounceBanana posted:

Still a bummer you can't be Clingon race though.
You are hereby blacklisted at Goon Squad for thoughtcrimes.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Lucky for him it’s hella dead anyway!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Hey I log in to craft for 30 seconds a day!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

omg chael crash posted:

I stopped logging in daily when they made conquest take so much longer. Did not help that the story's been a wet fart of 'Stay tuned! Something's going to happen in the future! It doesn't involve you and we won't tell you what it is, but something is going to happen!' for about the last year or so.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It was always going to go downhill after becoming Emperor of your own galactic superpower.

Smart thing to do would be to basically reboot the storyline with new player characters; I wouldn’t be surprised if the current thing of condensing all the classes into basically just Jedi, Sith, and Tech (better to have to hire only 6 new VAs as opposed to 18!) was a precursor to it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Telling you to re-roll after that would probably not have gone down well. I remember the first time I found myself back in tutorial mode when hitting KotFE and that was surprisingly irritating all by itself.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I stopped logging in daily when they made conquest take so much longer.
If you've got enough stronghold unlocks (which admittedly requires some money, but not even that much by today's standards), you can comfortably get 100,000 Conquest points within half an hour or so. Give some gifts to a low-rated companion, do any repeatable mission that gives rep for something you're not maxed out on yet, complete two weeklies like CZ-198 and Ziost. If you're trying to get Conquest for a dozen alts then yeah, the increased points requirement can be a bother, but otherwise it shouldn't be particularly difficult or time-consuming.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

If you've got enough stronghold unlocks (which admittedly requires some money, but not even that much by today's standards), you can comfortably get 100,000 Conquest points within half an hour or so. Give some gifts to a low-rated companion, do any repeatable mission that gives rep for something you're not maxed out on yet, complete two weeklies like CZ-198 and Ziost. If you're trying to get Conquest for a dozen alts then yeah, the increased points requirement can be a bother, but otherwise it shouldn't be particularly difficult or time-consuming.

Yeah doing one character per day really isn't that tough, it's when you're trying to do an alt army. My go to is actually Iokath these days, they changed the weekly so it can only be done in one day (6 missions down from 10), I can usually knock it and CZ out in less than 30 minutes and the rewards on Iokath are better than some of the other weeklies.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's not too hard to just carefully stagger stuff so that you get the rewards across 10+ characters and slowly grind towards conquest with all of them before frantically having to shove points in towards the ends, but we're still a far cry from the days of deliberately jumping off the train on Umbara over and over to reset the boss fights and farming that way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

It's not too hard to just carefully stagger stuff so that you get the rewards across 10+ characters and slowly grind towards conquest with all of them before frantically having to shove points in towards the ends, but we're still a far cry from the days of deliberately jumping off the train on Umbara over and over to reset the boss fights and farming that way.

Though farming the last boss of Nathema Conspiracy is the fastest way to go from 75-80. :)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah doing one character per day really isn't that tough, it's when you're trying to do an alt army. My go to is actually Iokath these days, they changed the weekly so it can only be done in one day (6 missions down from 10), I can usually knock it and CZ out in less than 30 minutes and the rewards on Iokath are better than some of the other weeklies.
It's Iokath though. :whitewater:

I mean it's a cool setting and most of the dailies aren't that bad, but it's just such a chore to get around the place.

Arquinsiel posted:

It's not too hard to just carefully stagger stuff so that you get the rewards across 10+ characters and slowly grind towards conquest with all of them before frantically having to shove points in towards the ends
Also true, I've taken to doing Ossus and Onderon on my Sniper and Vanguard because the rest aren't there in the storyline yet and I quite like both those daily areas.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

In other, absolutely riveting news, the non-Steam launcher is getting an update.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

It's Iokath though. :whitewater:

I mean it's a cool setting and most of the dailies aren't that bad, but it's just such a chore to get around the place.

Also true, I've taken to doing Ossus and Onderon on my Sniper and Vanguard because the rest aren't there in the storyline yet and I quite like both those daily areas.

Really though the Iokath dailies flow pretty well, you have to do 6 and you get 8 counting the Colossus droid. And that one can be done with two people who buy rocket launchers.

2-3 get done in the instance by the first zone in, then the rest are usually in the weapons factory or the macro binoculars one which requires a small trip up north.

Then there's usually one that's either pilot a walker, mouse droid or monitor and the kills count towards one of the other missions generally.

Edit - Iokath is quicker than Ossus or Onderon for me.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

For me, Iokath's problems are two-fold: there's too many places where you can't really avoid mobs that you don't have to fight for the actual dailies and some of the dailies just take a bit too long. The worst of the bunch is the one with the lasers or whatever that you have to activate/deactivate except sometimes the clickables don't work or maybe they were just used by someone else and you have to hang around and wait for possibly several minutes before they reset and argh

Most of the Ossus dailies are quite easy and take very little time to complete, plus there's just a whole lot of them that you can do more or less simultaneously. It's a good way to farm some additional tech fragments. Also, mMost irrelevant mobs can be avoided without much difficulty and there's several quick travel points to speed things up even more. Onderon tends to take a little more time, but if you know which dailies to take you can complete the Imp weekly quite quickly too. Rep-side is definitely worse though, bit too much of a hassle for me to do that one often. But again, it's not difficult to avoid getting into unnecessary fights and there's a fair number of quick travel points to make it faster and easier still.

Iokath does have some cool rep items though. I like the Imp version of the speeder a lot!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

At least on the Imperial side the deactivate the lasers one is absurdity easy, go into the instance with the other 1-3 dailies, click the two in the first room, exit out and reset phase, repeat. Done

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

For me, Iokath's problems are two-fold: there's too many places where you can't really avoid mobs that you don't have to fight for the actual dailies and some of the dailies just take a bit too long. The worst of the bunch is the one with the lasers or whatever that you have to activate/deactivate except sometimes the clickables don't work or maybe they were just used by someone else and you have to hang around and wait for possibly several minutes before they reset and argh

Most of the Ossus dailies are quite easy and take very little time to complete, plus there's just a whole lot of them that you can do more or less simultaneously. It's a good way to farm some additional tech fragments. Also, mMost irrelevant mobs can be avoided without much difficulty and there's several quick travel points to speed things up even more. Onderon tends to take a little more time, but if you know which dailies to take you can complete the Imp weekly quite quickly too. Rep-side is definitely worse though, bit too much of a hassle for me to do that one often. But again, it's not difficult to avoid getting into unnecessary fights and there's a fair number of quick travel points to make it faster and easier still.

Iokath does have some cool rep items though. I like the Imp version of the speeder a lot!
Rep side Onderon you can pretty much complete in a loop if you go right when you leave the city. There's a tiny bit of backtracking towards the end where you need to go into the middle to fight the beast riders, but it's still a pretty quick way to blast through a daily area.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I wish that Conquest didn't push you to play multiple characters if you don't have one at max level.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

Rep side Onderon you can pretty much complete in a loop if you go right when you leave the city. There's a tiny bit of backtracking towards the end where you need to go into the middle to fight the beast riders, but it's still a pretty quick way to blast through a daily area.

Imperial Onderon can be done starting in the lower right and working counter clockwise. Just ignore the daily that takes you through the three caves. You have to do one tiny bit of backtracking near the tomb but it's right next to a QT point.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

That's true, but to me at least, the individual dailies just feel like a bit more work/demanding of your attention compared to most of the Imperial ones.

Ego Trip posted:

I wish that Conquest didn't push you to play multiple characters if you don't have one at max level.
I thought there wasn't that much of a point to doing Conquest at all if you're not at or at least quite close to max level yet. I mean, you need tech fragments when you've hit level 80 if you want to improve your gear and/or buy certain rare mats or neat cosmetic stuff, so completing your Conquest goal if at all possible is a bit of a no-brainer; but the rewards while you're still levelling don't strike me as particularly vital?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They're useful if you've got a guild and want to help it hit goal. I tend to hit it trivially on a character I'm leveling and then just speed through the maxed ones later on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

They're useful if you've got a guild and want to help it hit goal. I tend to hit it trivially on a character I'm leveling and then just speed through the maxed ones later on.

It's also hella good credits to sell the encryptions or mats you get for hitting.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Those are fair points, but I don't quite see how that makes it important/useful to play multiple below-80 alts if you don't have an actual level 80 character.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Hitting conquest goal and getting the encryptions will let your guild unlock XP boosts and a bunch of other minor nice stuff.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Some more details on the upcoming 7.1.1 update! It's scheduled for "Fall 2022" and will apparently signal the return of the Feast of the Prosperity Event, so I'm assuming the goal is to get it out before December at least.

The major features will be Galactic Seasons 3 and class balance changes (as I mentioned in a previous post), but interestingly it may also come with a new Cartel Market item that gives you access to the Collector's Edition vendor?

If you ask me though, the best bit by far is that you will be able to name your outfits! :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Some more details on the upcoming 7.1.1 update! It's scheduled for "Fall 2022" and will apparently signal the return of the Feast of the Prosperity Event, so I'm assuming the goal is to get it out before December at least.

The major features will be Galactic Seasons 3 and class balance changes (as I mentioned in a previous post), but interestingly it may also come with a new Cartel Market item that gives you access to the Collector's Edition vendor?

If you ask me though, the best bit by far is that you will be able to name your outfits! :getin:

Yeah named outfits is really a huge QoL.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

Nothing relevant to me, unfortunately. :/

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Sombrerotron posted:

Those are fair points, but I don't quite see how that makes it important/useful to play multiple below-80 alts if you don't have an actual level 80 character.

A bar existing and giving rewards when you fill it is pretty much the perfect example of the video game skinner box.

The game mechanics incentiveize a playstyle that is less fun than an alternative. I could make number go up better if I played a character until the box was filled and then switched to another character. I can ignore that incentive, but that also feels bad because I'm not making number go up best.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

As someone who has the CE, loving finally. It's been 10 goddamn years, about time they let other people play with some of the cool toys. Not like they're out there printing more CEs to sell.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
I only played a while that 1 night and haven't logged on since. I swear I've got to get on this weekend and get some use out of the sub I bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
drat, surprised they're finally letting the CE stuff out there

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 23, 2022