Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cross-Section posted:

I was considering resubbing for the new daily area but I think I might wait until a more substantial piece of story content drops

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the recent "Stuff is happening! Mostly off-screen! It has nothing to do with you! But stuff is happening!" turn in the story.

Who even cares what Malgus is up to anymore after beating their face in so many times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

omg chael crash posted:

Lucky for him it’s hella dead anyway!!

I stopped logging in daily when they made conquest take so much longer. Did not help that the story's been a wet fart of 'Stay tuned! Something's going to happen in the future! It doesn't involve you and we won't tell you what it is, but something is going to happen!' for about the last year or so.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

Some more details on the upcoming 7.1.1 update! It's scheduled for "Fall 2022" and will apparently signal the return of the Feast of the Prosperity Event, so I'm assuming the goal is to get it out before December at least.

The major features will be Galactic Seasons 3 and class balance changes (as I mentioned in a previous post), but interestingly it may also come with a new Cartel Market item that gives you access to the Collector's Edition vendor?

If you ask me though, the best bit by far is that you will be able to name your outfits! :getin:

Nothing relevant to me, unfortunately. :/

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Neat shout-out to SWTOR in this week's episode of Andor: Belsavis gets name-dropped as an Imperial prison planet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I just wonder if anything's going to happen in this patch or if we'll once again be standing around while cutscenes play that are about other characters up to something or another going on elsewhere.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

jokes posted:

So, how does the classless stuff work? Can I play as a Sith Warrior doing the Republic Commando storyline?

The non-Force classes are interchangeable, you can play a Trooper, Smuggler, Agent, or Bounty Hunter doing any of those four stories.

The glowstick brigade is segregated into their own side of things, and by faction/alignment. The two Jedi can do each others' stories, and the two Sith. Except if you get a Jedi to max Dark Side points you can change mid-game to a Sith class (you're still on the Republic side), or if you get a Sith to max Light Side points you can change mid-game to a Jedi.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I played through the new story content.

Overall feeling, ho hum. The plot's moving again and the devs remembered that the PC is a character this time. It's mostly Mandalorians doing Mandalorian things, and that will tell you how much you'll enjoy this one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

kedo posted:

Hi thread! I'm finally, finally getting back into this game because I finally, finally found a solution for my "mouse speed is too fast" issue. I last played at launch, 3000 years ago, so I'm basically a newbie again.

A question. In other MMOs I tend to enjoy classes that have the following attributes:

Must haves
- High mobility
- High melee DPS
- Lots of survivability tools
- Not awful in PvP

Nice to haves
- Buffs I can cast on others w/o being in a group
- Good to great AoE abilities

Basically, I'm looking for a WoW druid. I like being self-sufficient because I have limited playtime and I end up spending a lot of time doing solo content. With a druid in WoW I liked how I could often solo group quests due to having a varied kit that offered high survivability. At the same time, I don't really want to sacrifice DPS or mobility because I get bored easily and like to blitz around the map at mach 10 wrecking stuff.

What class/adv class might scratch this itch? I rolled a Sentinel last night, but I'm not sure if there's a better match out there. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

I'd recommend Operative/Scoundrel with the poison spec. Very mobile, great melee damage and aoe, and surprisingly survivable with their stealth abilities.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Playing a LS Warrior gets even more hilarious if you take that particular story branch after Eternal Empire and (putting a years-old plot point in spoilers because I got yelled at for it the last time) working for the Republic in secret. You suddenly start acting like a stereotypical DS Sith while getting LS points because this time you're intentionally sabotaging the Empire from within to help the Republic win.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cover mechanic either. I highly recommend commando if you haven't done it yet, it's super fun.

Good thing cover stops appearing eventually and it's just press f to enter turret mode, I guess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I'm playing a female Consular so that's already not an option but even if it wasn't it looks like it wouldn't feel quite right? Dating your Padawan feels weird in general, I guess.

You can date her eventually as a lady Consular, if you wish, just not in the 1-50 content.

She's one of several late-game same-sex romance options added in later patches and expansions.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dawgstar posted:

I just noticed Nadia apparently just suddenly has a double-bladed lightsaber. Which is kind of funny as I'm playing a Shadow so we match and we also have the same haircut if not hair color so now I'm chalking it all down to hero worship.

All of the nubile female apprentice/padawan characters with crushes on PC if you're a dude use double-bladed sabers except Ashara, who dual-wields.

Someone at Bioware had A Type.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shard posted:

Jesus Malgus looks like poo poo these days. Just let go life lol is life even worth living at this point

Such is life as a recurring joke of a boss that someone thinks will surely be threatening the tenth go-around.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, uh, how do I get to Interpreter's Retreat? I chatted up the NPCs on Voss, but nothing's telling me where to go now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

good grief even my patience with the main plot is starting to wear a little thin. While it's nice that we now know a little more about Darth Nul, this teasing us with ominous portents and mysterious riddles is getting silly. 7.4 had better start making actual stuff happen.

I just finished the story, and this 100%.

Edit: Did the flashpoint. Another complete nothing, just more corrupted Voss and spooky evil Force poo poo with no explanation or resolution.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 15, 2023

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So no new story content behind whatever they shoved in behind the new Galactic Seasons character, correct?

Nothing of interest for me, then.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Arquinsiel posted:

Everyone enjoy today's survey?

I didn't get one. Maybe it's only for current subscribers?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I haven't subscribed since... Onslaught, I think was the last 'expansion' that required you to subscribe to get it?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure your prayers to Bioware will be ignored

Well, yeah. SWTOR isn't owned or run by Bioware anymore. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Ahahahaha. The Republic version of the new stuff, at least, requires a series of clickies. That can only be clicked by one person and have a several second respawn time. Huge crowds gathered around these spots spamming clicks trying to get them.

I'll come back in a week or two I guess. :suicide:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So it was indeed fixed and I finished the new story.

Things are... happening? Maybe? In between the millionth 'The Republic abandoned us!' 'You have to have faith in the Republic!' story.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Nice to learn that stealth actually works in this new story and daily area rather than enemies auto-aggroing at pre-set points stealth or not, as has been the norm for story content since Fallen Empire.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pryce posted:

Unless that’s the choice that sparks the entire plot of 8.0! You don’t know!

I'm pretty sure that in 8.0 we'll still be chasing Mandalorians and trying to figure out what a certain somebody is planning.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
On a whim, I've been trying some of the daily rep areas in SWTOR.

Ossus is a good one. It's convenient, mostly easy to navigate, and the dailies are quick.

Iokath is... none of those things, and I'm very glad I gave it a try on an alt with stealth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Bit of a dumb question, but where's the conquest commendation vendor for the Republic? I didn't see one when looking through the Republic Fleet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Found them, thank you. Looks like the only meaningful thing to do is trade them for stabilizers or catalysts for better gear?

Disappointing that I can only get gear upgrades with them, but I'll make do.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm currently spending my tech fragments buying cosmetic gear to play pretty space princess with my characters.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Yup. Just waiting on the tech fragments to buy the gloves and complete this cosmetic set for my main.

Almost looks like a futuristic wedding dress. I doubt Nadia's gay romance will ever get any further content, but I'm putting this on my main and her for the foreseeable future because I think it's cute.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well, that's strange.

Over the last few days I was trying the rail shooter minigame a lot, and hit the weekly cap on playing such missions that apparently exists last night.

I would have expected it to reset today like the weekly daily rep quests did, but it has not.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

Sounds like a bug, but not one on the list of known issues.

Tried it again today, still says I'm at the weekly cap despite last playing one on Monday.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Preechr posted:

You have played more rail-shooter mode in the past two weeks than the entire population combined, of course it hasn’t come to their attention yet :laffo:

I don't think I'll play it regularly, but it's an easy and mindless little diversion to do one or two of a day for some easy conquest points.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well, turns out I wasn't imagining that I missed getting a saboteur option on Kessan's Landing for my Warrior. Known issue that dialogue choices for that story path are bugged and not showing up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
SWTOR notes, thoughts on daily areas I've tried for rep and dailies since starting to play again.

Ossus (Republic) - Fast and easy, the rescue Jedi Prisoners daily doesn't even require fighting if you camp one of the quickly respawning prisons where the imps and bugs are fighting (beware Imp players doing one of their dailies to clear out the bugs, though, which will lead the imps to aggro on you)

Iokath - Never doing this on an alt without stealth, way too spread out with too many mobs, but a pretty great source of money and goodies.

CZ-198 (Republic) - Very fast and easy.

Manaan (Republic) - A bit long, but flows well if you leave the archaeology site for last and knock out the other areas first. Very RNG dependent on how quickly a couple of dailies complete. Companions love to go swimming in the refinery map where they promptly drown in the death pits, beware.

Ruhnuk - gently caress this place, I can't imagine slogging through this winding labyrinth filled to bursting with enemies on a non-stealth class.

Voss - Daily heroics are pretty quick and you get to kill a bunch of Voss so win-win.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I will always stand up for the Consular story. You're a mystical scholar, archaeologist, healer, and diplomat, your lightsaber is an afterthought. Exactly what I want from a Jedi story.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This all sounds good to me!

I was worried the change of ownership might lead to a scaling back of content for the game, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So... was this update supposed to include new story content or no? Servers are back up but I'm not seeing any new quest popping up or on the ship consoles.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CLAM DOWN posted:

you can gently caress arcann (again)

Your assumption that I'm into necrophilia is concerning.

Ah well, I just thought there was supposed to be more than the date nights.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Copero stronghold is gorgeous.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Yeah the reputation token for easy conquest was great but it absolutely was a warranted nerf. You could click 1 token a day and get 3 people to conquest just with that.

This may be getting dialed back. Small patch today, another in the pipeline.

quote:

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a quick heads up on our plans for the next little bit as we have 3 patches coming to you in pretty short order.

7.4.1a will be coming ASAP, likely tomorrow. This is to address an issue that the Join the Fight mount is not currently working at level 1 as intended. Jackie will be posting details once we have locked down maintenance timing.

7.4.1b is right on the horizon, targeting early/mid next week followed by 7.4.1c in the next 2-3 weeks. We are tracking a variety of emerging issues for these patches such as Ancient Armaments and Conquest/Rep change. I’ll be back later today or early tomorrow with a follow-up post about our internal conversations following your feedback on the Conquest/Rep changes.

I’m gonna lock this thread for now and will respond here later. I will reopen the thread when I do!

Thanks all, talk soon.

-eric

Posted yesterday, so 7.4.1a is happening today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
SWTOR's survived better than most WoW Killers, there's that much.