Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

So I started playing again after a long break, leveling up two or three different classes to see which one I want to stick with for now, and the game has been super buggy, much more so than I ever remember it being in the last year or two. Quest reward items simply not showing up in inventory, NPCs in conversation cutscenes staring straight at the floor during the entire dialog, weird outfit problems like cloaks hanging on the front of my character half the time rather than hanging on the back like a cape, and some other issues I don't recall immediately. The cosmetic issues are actually pretty funny, but problems like missing equipment upgrades are concerning, not so much at lower levels now but for later on at higher levels when that might be really frustrating. Should I just wipe and reinstall the whole game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

That's good to know, thanks. I won't worry about it too much for now and just keep enjoying the goofy glitches when they happen. It's just fun playing through the storylines again.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I've played through all of the class stories. They are all good; some have their ups and down. Some chapters have a lot going on, some chapters get grindy, others are super fun. I think they're all fun and worth playing for the story alone. I'm currently revisiting the Bounty Hunter, which was my first, and then Smuggler, which I sped through to get legendary status (for whatever that's worth) and I want to go back and actually enjoy the story.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Shard posted:

I'm 100 percent back in. Got resubbed - started ANOTHER Sith Warrior. Bought the new Ashoka armor because it shows off your back and looks rad.

If you need any credits, I can help with that (I'm on Star Forge). Lately I've been on a kick where I go to a starting planet, set up shop, and basically advertise giving away 1 million credits to new/low level players, no strings attached. I've been playing on and off since shortly after launch and I have a lot of credits and honestly not a whole lot to spend them on. This game has treated me well over the years, and I like to pass that on.

I've been thinking about starting over from scratch, but can't really decide on a class. I've done all of the class stories, though some I did quite a long time ago. It's been quite a long time since I did Trooper, Agent, or Smuggler. Tried Smuggler recently but the dialog really irritates me for some reason. Maybe Concealment Operative Trooper? Regardless of what storyline I choose, I have to have stealth. I just get so tired of slogging through the same mobs over and over again, and stealth is just fun. Honestly, separating class story from combat style was one of the best changes the game has made in a long time.

I've also never tried a fully DS Inquisitor because I'm a huge softy, but I hear it's fun in a sadistic way.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

That was probably me! At least, I haven't seen anyone else doing it.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

So I've been doing my thing where I go to starter planets and give away loads of credits and I've found a few live ones. I was accused of being a dev plant to placate players for stealing "billions of dollars" from "god fearing" players, and then one player went as far as to include QAnon accusations. Jesus, people, take my freaking credits. Who gives a poo poo if I'm Satan (I am)? I'm just trying to be nice.

e: The vast majority of players have been really appreciative, it's just jarring to get people in this game, of all games, who honestly can't believe that someone would do something to simply be generous rather than for nefarious personal gain. Or adrenochrome.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 26, 2023

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Medullah posted:

Chat in every game should be ignored.

Wisdom.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

you should send me your credits instead and i'll only say nice things and give you a little kiss

Well, you've sold me. Send all your kisses first.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Holy poo poo, I logged on to do my giveaway thing to find someone on Tython who is doing a similar thing, but as a treasure hunt and who cited me as their inspiration. Apparently I gave them a million or two way back. Way more of a creative and fun way to give away credits! We're talking about creating a guild specifically for that purpose.

e: I think we're going to make this happen. A guild specifically to give new players on starter planets a fun way to get some serious credits to give them a bit of a leg up on the lovely economy.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Shard posted:

You've given me credits before and I was very thankful

Need more?