Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I wish that Conquest didn't push you to play multiple characters if you don't have one at max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

Those are fair points, but I don't quite see how that makes it important/useful to play multiple below-80 alts if you don't have an actual level 80 character.

A bar existing and giving rewards when you fill it is pretty much the perfect example of the video game skinner box.

The game mechanics incentiveize a playstyle that is less fun than an alternative. I could make number go up better if I played a character until the box was filled and then switched to another character. I can ignore that incentive, but that also feels bad because I'm not making number go up best.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

And all they would need to do to make conquest for not max level characters feel better is let you do it multiple times a a week until you get to max level.
Not a major problem, but it'd be nice if there wasn't this tension between fun and optimal.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Medullah posted:

He will consume your little Sith

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012