Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

New thread smell wait nope that's just Skadge

Thinking its time to jump in and play what new content has been added since I last drifted away a year or two ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Woooo new thread! Best one in a while, the curse has finally been lifted off my shoulders and passed onto you!

we still hold you personally responsible for killing the tracer missile animation though

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the recent "Stuff is happening! Mostly off-screen! It has nothing to do with you! But stuff is happening!" turn in the story.

Who even cares what Malgus is up to anymore after beating their face in so many times?
Kephis would like a word

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Ablative posted:

If you play Yakuza, you are already familiar with, and indeed probably desensitized to, this phenomenon.

Mahjong?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Kephess, spell his name right you heathen

:ohdear: he's going to be coming for me (again again) isn't he?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The more I learn about EQ the happier I am to have never played it for a second

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

been away from the game for several years, thinking of ducking back in to see what new story beats have landed. What is what with the server transfers?

Now to see if the old cell phone that has the security key generator on it still will take a charge...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sombrerotron posted:

Not that long ago, they added an APAC server (because after the various server mergers and shutdowns over the years, no server in that area remained) called "Shae Vizla". Since it was an entirely new server, the idea was that everyone there would start from scratch. At the same time, there's been pretty extreme inflation over the past years on the existing servers. While they've been fairly successful at causing GTN prices to drop over the past year, there's still vast amounts of credits in circulation on the other servers, and lots of players with billions and billions on their own characters. To both preserve the idea of a "new start" and prevent other players from moving over amounts of credits nobody else on Shae Vizla has, thereby immediately upsetting the economy, it's not been possible so far to transfer any character to that server. With the next (in-between) update, transfers to Shae Vizla will finally be permitted, but still regulated. The credit limit (as well as the minimum level criterion I believe, though I haven't checked) doesn't apply to transfers to other servers.

Thanks for this update! Appreciated.

Now to relearn my rotations and see how badly it of date my gear is. .

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Once you hit level 80 and hit Conquest one week you can buy a full set of grade 324 gear, that's enough to do almost any content that isn't hard mode stuff.

Thanks again!

I still want to finish that one Riishi fp that we could never get done with Dr SWTOR's tank for the cheevo (I think you finished it with a different group composition). I'll tank it this time though

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Double Agent posted:

Now, if the amount of currency needed to gain reputation items has been halved as well, then it's no big deal. If not, then the grind to finish off the reputation track has doubled.

Username-post combo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

We just started a new season so it's a great time to get back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Mercurius posted:

Yeah. I remember testing the beta and thinking 'this is just an average WoW clone with voice acting and a coat of Star Wars paint' so I never really paid attention to it until much later when Shadow of Revan was released and everyone was super positive about it.

It's honestly wild how much the game has changed since launch and even since I started it back in 2015. I recently started fresh on the Shae Viszla server and the levelling experience these days is so much more streamlined and enjoyable from my original Imperial Agent where I had to do 90% of the quests and most of the flashpoints just to keep up with exp requirements.

All quests, all side quests, the bonus planetary questline...ugh.

I recall the first time through wondering whether I would ever get off Taris