Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
The line "Reintroduce credit sinks as some were removed in the past" better be doing a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to inflation because the rest of those changes are only going to put the screws to new/poor players. If you're a multi-billionaire, the rest of the changes mentioned are not going to matter to you at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

The thought's occurred to me before that they should institute a tax system where for any given period of time spent in-game, some percentage (dependent on how much you have) of your character's credits is automatically removed.

That seems like it would be adding a lot of calculations that the game would have to make all of the time. Doesn't seem like it would be good for performance.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Has anyone else been constantly crashing to desktop since the update? I had at least 5 while doing a couple of Hammer Station runs, then a couple after that.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

A few other things I noticed so far:

The cost for unlocking items from the GS track is now 80 cartel coins, which is up from 60 in GS 4
It costs 1 GS Token to get the GS mission item to do on another character
The catchup option for the PVP track has been reset. No levels are currently available to unlock with credits. You could unlock up to level 11 as of yesterday. Hopefully this will get fixed
The level from the GS track that gives you the two items to increase Dark Spores drop rates only gave me one. I immediately got mail with the other item in it, but could not claim it.

Double Agent fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 7, 2023

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

So I was looking at the objectives for the new GS and noticed something: the amount of currency gained for the reputation items has been cut in half.

This is from the last GS:
- Daily Objectives grant 2 Dark Spores
- Season Objectives grant 10-15 Dark Spores
- Some Reward Track levels grant Dark Spores
- Flashpoints grant 2-4 Dark Spores
- Uprisings grant 3-5 Dark Spores
- 8 Player Operations grant 12-18 Dark Spores
- 16 Player Operations grant 14-24 Dark Spores
- Lair Bosses (including Event Lair Bosses) grant 2-6 Dark Spores

This is from the current GS:
- Daily Objectives grant 1 Blueprint Fragment
- Season Objectives grant 5-8 Blueprint Fragments
- Some Reward Track levels grant Blueprint Fragments
- Flashpoints grant 1-2 Blueprint Fragments
- Uprisings grant 1-3 Blueprint Fragments
- 8 Player Operations grant 6-9 Blueprint Fragments
- 16 Player Operations grant 7-12 Blueprint Fragments
- Lair Bosses (including Event Lair Bosses) grant 1-3 Blueprint Fragments

Now, if the amount of currency needed to gain reputation items has been halved as well, then it's no big deal. If not, then the grind to finish off the reputation track has doubled.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

Another thing to note:

There's actually no new reputation this time round. You just collect the new Blueprint Fragments, i.e. the equivalent of exchangeable tokens/reputation awards from the previous seasons, and number goes up in the background and you can then just sell them.

Still, if you're hunting for achievements, you'll need to collect 1500 of them across the entire season. There's 140 days to (the rest of today included), i.e. 20 weeks, so that's an average of 75 per week. There's 13 bundles of 10 Fragments on the subscriber track, which would reduce the required average to 68.5 per week. Looks like that'll get kind of grindy, unfortunately.

That makes things a lot easier. My concern was that if you had to do a reputation track you'd have to grind like crazy every week to make up for the shortfall just to max out rep gain for the week. It's still going to be a grind, but not as bad as I thought. Even though you have to actually gain
about 100 more of the blueprints than if you were doing a reputation track.

Also, the conquest gain for reputation got extremely nerfed from 43k to 7.6k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

The weekly for finishing Chapter X of KotFE this week is bugged. It's giving Underworld Syndicate Plans, which were the season 2 currency, instead of blueprints. My guess is that it probably hasn't been a weekly since then and just didn't get updated, but who's to say for certain.