Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I've been playing this game a lot lately, even though I bought it at launch, I didn't really get very far on account of the extemly large amount of MMO bullshit.
Started a new character and I'm now at the end of Shadow of Revan.
I did not spend a single cent before hitting lvl 60, which was about 50 hours of playtime, and I did not feel particularly constrained during that time. There's still a lot of padding and boring combat, especially before the DLC campaigns, but I enjoyed the story and such for the most part.
I guess my point is that you don't really need to pay for this game until you are 100% sure you want continue playing it.

As a sidenote, I was unable to subscribe and got a message saying had to call EA. To avoid this fate worse than death, I figured I had to login in to EA account tied to the swtor account and add a username and some other nonsense and then it worked. So if anyone is in the same situation, try that.

Also, there some weird stuff with adding coins and subscriptions on Steam, so avoid that unless you have to I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Thinking about maybe going through the story with another character and was wondering if just doing the class quests is a viable option?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Vaylin force ghost fight at the end of the eternal empire dlc is ridiculous. There's literally been nothing even approaching it anywhere else in the game. Somehow I'm expected to tank her massive damage alone with no companion. Even following a guide telling me what to do she murders me every time.
Apparently the solution is to be massively over geared, which I given I'm around lvl 70 seems like a massive ask.
I can skip it and go to the next story dlc, but this really sucks.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There was another stupidly overpowered boss earlier, a hydra looking thing in some temple, but it wasn't an actual quest objective so I just ended up running past it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

womb with a view posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of there's a glitch they never bothered fixing (though it's been a while since I tried it) where you can back up behind the start position to where she can't reach you. She'll line herself up and be damaged repeatedly by the little wisps that spawn there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-qlhh6wIjc

I could not get this specific trick to work, but somehow I was able to get her into a position at the entrance where she became stunlocked and I was eventually able to win the fight.

Really cool to have to rely on exploits to get past single player story missions.