Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
BRB, logging in to buy random armour I don't need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They absolutely do not. Even when everyone knows who you are you still get random assholes who try to intimidate you. If anything, it just gets worse.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
For the most part it won't even matter for story though. Even tanking your way through it means you'll just have to attack four times instead of three for most trash mobs.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
No. But also yes.

Don't worry about it, you will end up running enough characters to use any alignment-locked gear eventually.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, it is. It's easier when EXP events are going but I did Agent without doing any side stuff
Also when you finish chapter 3 with one character you get the Legacy ability stuff that applies to all characters, which makes things slightly easier again once your companion is with you.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah they have, it's way easier to level now. The double XP events are so frequent that you'll be getting it more often than not, and when you have the boosts piling up unused it's kind of funny.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
On rare occasions I found I had gained Light or Dark tokens without actually knowing how or why. It's kind of nice to go get a new pet for no reason.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I think the only thing I noticed from that system was occasional Champion NPCs spawning around who would murder the hell out of me if I wandered past.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There's a tiny bit of followup to various bits of class storyline, but not much.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You pretty much killed all of them in the finale TBH so there's not really much to do about it :shrug:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I'm with you, I've always maintained that the Star Cabal (i.e. non-Force users tired of both Jedi and Sith loving the galaxy up) was a unique and wasted opportunity for some endgame story content.
It might have been an interesting way to do cross-faction event stuff, since the main reason they were successful at all is the precognitives they were trying to take down were busy killing each other instead. Super intricate and long-reaching plans don't generally do great against people who can see the future, and a "hey these guys are a problem" temporary truce might have been interesting. Maybe even foreshadown the Eternal Alliance and all that.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
More than a few fights in that chunk of expansions have been broken by later stuff. I've had level 75 characters with maxed gear fail to beat some of them.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Whizzing Wizard posted:

There was another stupidly overpowered boss earlier, a hydra looking thing in some temple, but it wasn't an actual quest objective so I just ended up running past it.
Was that a world boss maybe? I ran into a few of those early on and thought they were just normal champion mobs. They are not soloable. I bet people enjoyed watching newbies feed themselves to SD-0 pretty regularly over the years.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Telling you to re-roll after that would probably not have gone down well. I remember the first time I found myself back in tutorial mode when hitting KotFE and that was surprisingly irritating all by itself.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's not too hard to just carefully stagger stuff so that you get the rewards across 10+ characters and slowly grind towards conquest with all of them before frantically having to shove points in towards the ends, but we're still a far cry from the days of deliberately jumping off the train on Umbara over and over to reset the boss fights and farming that way.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

For me, Iokath's problems are two-fold: there's too many places where you can't really avoid mobs that you don't have to fight for the actual dailies and some of the dailies just take a bit too long. The worst of the bunch is the one with the lasers or whatever that you have to activate/deactivate except sometimes the clickables don't work or maybe they were just used by someone else and you have to hang around and wait for possibly several minutes before they reset and argh

Most of the Ossus dailies are quite easy and take very little time to complete, plus there's just a whole lot of them that you can do more or less simultaneously. It's a good way to farm some additional tech fragments. Also, mMost irrelevant mobs can be avoided without much difficulty and there's several quick travel points to speed things up even more. Onderon tends to take a little more time, but if you know which dailies to take you can complete the Imp weekly quite quickly too. Rep-side is definitely worse though, bit too much of a hassle for me to do that one often. But again, it's not difficult to avoid getting into unnecessary fights and there's a fair number of quick travel points to make it faster and easier still.

Iokath does have some cool rep items though. I like the Imp version of the speeder a lot!
Rep side Onderon you can pretty much complete in a loop if you go right when you leave the city. There's a tiny bit of backtracking towards the end where you need to go into the middle to fight the beast riders, but it's still a pretty quick way to blast through a daily area.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They're useful if you've got a guild and want to help it hit goal. I tend to hit it trivially on a character I'm leveling and then just speed through the maxed ones later on.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Hitting conquest goal and getting the encryptions will let your guild unlock XP boosts and a bunch of other minor nice stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Welp, there goes my plan to login and get the season 2 companion before season 3 dropped. Oh well!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I missed the boat to miss that boat :shrug:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Got around to logging in again to try grab stuff from the anniversary vendor. After the initial shock of "where are my quickbars gone?" followed by "why are there so many gaps?" the next question on my mind is "why does middle clicking now activate Take Cover?" :psyduck:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I don't think I ever changed my keybinds. Middle-clicking is also controlling the camera so it's an extremely odd situation anyway. Probably due to me updating the version on my wife's laptop that's been sitting unused since 2020.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I kind of like the Pokémon aspect of the Inquisitor storyline, where you amble around catching dead Sith lords and shoving them wherever you've got space.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Truga posted:

same, i played at launch and i still remember it being great fun
doubly so because a lot of stuck up starwar nerds played at that time so when playing with randos they would sometimes flip out if you won the "wrong" dialogue roll
I remember that being because of limited opportunities to gain points early on, so people would rage about it hard enough that you'd hear about it in unrelated game lobbies. Good times.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

jokes posted:

Turn credits into cartel coins, costs 1bn credits per slot machine pull, 5% chance to get cartel coins
Basically any way to turn credits into the other currencies used to buy items like from the Bounty Hunter's Guild vendors etc would be pretty cool. Have a shady dude hanging out behind a crate who'll sell you a quater of a Cartel Market Certificate for a million or something.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Any time I've asked about Rodians people keep telling me they're not sexy enough. The internet is infested with anti-Rodian racists.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Just turn public chat off entirely TBH. There's nothing of value in there.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shard posted:

If you ever see a Merc named Jai in pvp that's me. I also like to try to keep my pvp chat light. I've kinda taken it on me to keep the toxicity down. I can't stand folks who lose and then go man this entire team sucks. I've been told to kill myself at one point. And they yell at anyone with gear under 324. And I'm just like dude did you even try to explain it? Also it's just a loving game why are you so mad
When I was doing PVP for the seasons stuff or to make the weekly guild rewards that I have forgotten the name of I'd say "hey I suck at this but need to play X games to hit goal. Feel free to drop now and complain to the devs" and either get some lols in response or get some racial slurs thrown at me before the person dropped. Good times :allears:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I didn't know that quick travel didn't already cost credits :shrug:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I found that given how toxic the general chat is people never report poo poo, so when you do report something it tends to get actioned pretty quickly. I remember getting a few messages from really pissed off shitlords who blamed me for timeouts.

Which I then reported again :v:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Cythereal posted:

Good thing cover stops appearing eventually and it's just press f to enter turret mode, I guess.
I don't remember at what point that becomes a thing but the various defensive options being "I brought my own cover" and "now it has extension panels!" is just hillarious to me.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

If nothing else, you have two more days to log in for another droid pet. Go on then, you know you want to.
:aaaaa:
BRB, logging in for the first time this year.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

It's "Tharan" in fact.
:goonsay:

Also I think it's funny that Holiday's dancing stuns droids too. Are there any horny droids in Star Wars lore?
Yes. L3-37 in Solo has a whole scene about it.

Dawgstar posted:

I'd never done the Tatooine bonus quest line and I'm not sure I will again because there's a stretch (which I'm sure you all know) where you have to go down a stretch of nothing but Tusken Raiders with too many to drive through and it might be the most tedious thing ever.

And now we're off to Alderaan and the Killik. :ohdear:
Once you get high enough in level you just shoot past them on your speeder and it's not a problem. It's a pain if you make the mistake of doing the bonus quests on your first visit to a planet due to leveling too fast, but you're supposed to ignore them and come back later.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

I've watched Solo but don't remember this.
The bit where her and Qi'ra are sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon talking about Han and Lando.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sombrerotron posted:

I'll probably watch it again sometime on Disney+ because I do remember other parts and generally quite enjoying it for it was.
It's well worth it. Great scene that either implies L3 loves messing with organics, or she's gotten really wild with her self-mods.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Keep going, it'll all make sense eventually.

I mean, as much as Zenith's kind of lovely story can make sense...

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dawgstar posted:

That's a neat idea! It'd be cool if that was actually a thing across all the stories and makes me laugh to think of what part of the Bounty Hunter's story Blizz could challenge.
He challenges people's expectations of you as a bounty hunter. The dialogue options are there to treat him like everyone else does but you can not be a massive poo poo and he becomes your best bro.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Belsavis is extremely hosed up.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Now think about Satele's relationship to the PC and it all becomes clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah that was a really fun feature that made absolutely zero sense and I kind of love that it doesn't even pretend to.