Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556401960257036288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
kidd bandit rules

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Venomous posted:

this really couldn't have happened at a worse time.

idk, I am very pessimistic about the future of trans people in US wrestling, mainly because the political situation in the US is about to turn extremely transphobic (to say the least) but either way, fascists will use this debacle to justify smearing all trans people in wrestling as degenerates who shouldn't be involved in the business at all, and I am worried there'll be promoters who'll bite that bait before November.

The same people would give absolutely no credit to a professionally run show that drew a respectable crowd

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Barry Bluejeans posted:

kidd bandit rules

the Kidd's alright

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kidd isn't rich, they shouldn't have to be doing this. What a loving farce.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Outside of the interpersonal creepiness the main issue seems to be the fact that they just didn't know what they were doing and refused help (possibly because of the aforementioned creepiness). If a silver lining can be glinted from this cloud of swamp gas, it's that a lot of people wanted to help, and wanted this to be a success, which I think bodes well for queer people in the industry as a whole.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feel really bad for that mom.

https://twitter.com/aiden_v_e/status/1556397809548533763

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Translation of the VENY tweet:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1556406999180623873

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm not a businessman and certainly am not planning to set one up but I know some of the core rules of running a business: tracking profit/loss and outgoing to make sure you can budget effectively, making sure that the event you are planning has a sound business plan and realistic prospects of breaking even (or achieving a satisfactory loss that might get covered by other revenue streams: most wrestling shows lose money after all) and also not taking on debt just to keep the lights on unless you have a strategy to turn things around. Especially the first - the idea that this was being ran without a loving BALANCE SHEET is incredible to me. Like I don't have the money to organise a wrestling show (well if I took all of my savings out and combined them I might have enough to run one but no more) but if I did I'd have a spreadsheet with at the least all of the outgoings (split by paid/yet to be paid) and income streams so I could tell where exactly we were financially at any point. You also frankly should not be holding an event of any sort if a shock $75 bill cannot be paid: you probably shouldn't be running one if you couldn't fund it all yourself regardless of any income - at least that way everyone gets paid.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Why do that boring stuff when you can just post on Twitter non stop instead?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
In awe of the New Hampshire dome.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

NH is the size of a post stamp why would anyone care about its "scene"?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Venomous posted:

this really couldn't have happened at a worse time.

idk, I am very pessimistic about the future of trans people in US wrestling, mainly because the political situation in the US is about to turn extremely transphobic (to say the least) but either way, fascists will use this debacle to justify smearing all trans people in wrestling as degenerates who shouldn't be involved in the business at all, and I am worried there'll be promoters who'll bite that bait before November.
I get you, but I don't know that enough people who matter with any real finger on the wrestling pulse will do as much damage to the community over that, so much as transphobes using Sally's creep behavior to feed into the whole groomer/predator accusation thing.

In the wrong hands, the latter could be Gamergate levels of demonization. But the former is no different from the bog standard hotdog-and-handshake indie promoters who overpromise and underdeliver (which I absolutely plan to remind anyone I meet who implies that this behavior is in any way a queer-exclusive thing).

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Add the person who painted the canvas for the show to the list of people not getting paid:

https://twitter.com/daveypainting/status/1556408290342567937?s=21&t=k8uKqZnbCmA3IsCYY-4M2Q

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556432202195410944?s=21&t=dYDTUXHjHDRrDTW36nMt7w

oof

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Side note:

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1556441815384981504?t=Bmp9QxrsqxiIRBF-lclP3A&s=19

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Considering the Deadlock boys's behind the scenes stuff, yeah, it's definitely true. Seems like every show they've ever done has been doomed until the last moment.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I feel really bad for the talent. I'm also going to go ahead and assume the Veny shirt I bought won't ever show either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I feel really bad for the talent. I'm also going to go ahead and assume the Veny shirt I bought won't ever show either.

It was announced that merch was delayed until September due to some vendor issues so it's remotely possible you get it before I get my Fiesta cat plushie.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Booking a wrestling show seems neither easy nor fun in the first place. Maybe this is a result of me being 42 instead of 24.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

Booking a wrestling show seems neither easy nor fun in the first place. Maybe this is a result of me being 42 instead of 24.

Being a young person with a large twitter following encouraging their bad idea to the point where it becomes real would be an absolute nightmare. And then you meet all your heroes and let them all down in a way that you probably expected to. A bummer situation that should have been stopped after its first brainstorm.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It seems like a hard job that ironically can be tried by anyone with the cash or parents bank loans

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Who needs Hoodslam when you have uh, whatever this was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the legacy of all of this will be over 1,000 people tweeting the dashcon picture labeled as wrestle queerdom and none of them being a retweet of any of the other ones

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I went to look at Twitter about this and the first thing I saw was a person claiming this woman was not trans enough to attempt something like this in the first place because she had not transitioned sufficiently enough and did not have, quote, "enough skin in the game".

On a related note: never read Twitter.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556521894899118080?s=20&t=JiVB9HJa_43u-LOjcgOY9Q

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556521901836496896?s=20&t=JiVB9HJa_43u-LOjcgOY9Q

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556521904176898048?s=20&t=JiVB9HJa_43u-LOjcgOY9Q

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556521906680893440?s=20&t=JiVB9HJa_43u-LOjcgOY9Q

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1556521909197541377?s=20&t=JiVB9HJa_43u-LOjcgOY9Q

It was one show with bad funding and professionalism, but the world moves on. I do wish more was being said about whether the show was any good.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Protect Kidd Bandit at all costs

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cocaine is Abel posted:

Who needs Hoodslam when you have uh, whatever this was

I think if they put up more flyers they might have gotten more people

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Wazzu posted:

It was one show with bad funding and professionalism, but the world moves on. I do wish more was being said about whether the show was any good.

i know people who went and had a very good time, fwiw

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

She's not saying "please don't slander me." Based on the context, it's reasonable to interpret that as VENY asking people not to slander in general. It's not hard to infer that she's referring to this transgraps person.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

more like goodd bandit

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Protagonist of Pro Wrestling is literally the hero. Can't say they never told you.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Kidd Bandit ftw.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ThePariah posted:

Protect Kidd Bandit at all costs

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
4000 in the hole on mostly talent and set up

Sweet holy gently caress teach a budget

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I don’t think teaching budgeting works when the person in question doesn’t think of keeping track of spending

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

How much were tickets to this event that talent got shorted $4000?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Concessions $200
Merch $150
Rent $800
Talent and setup $4,000
Promotion $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my promotion is dying

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

How much were tickets to this event that talent got shorted $4000?

if this listing is accurate, the prices were:

$20 - General Admission

$40 - Front Row

$60 - VIP Tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
VENY's plane ticket alone had to cost ~$1,000 (assuming economy and long connections, much more if not) so think about what a gate a crowd of 150 people draw and what percentage of the gate was spent on one plane ticket.