Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Baseless conspiracy theory, the Codeman fed Kidd the money to cover this debacle to get her(?) more over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those DPW shows just pay real well

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah Kidd gets booked all over so I could see her just having the money to cover it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How much would an indy worker at this level expect to be paid for working this show. Aside from travel costs etc.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

perhaps they can make it up in DVD sales

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Kosmo Gallion posted:

How much would an indy worker at this level expect to be paid for working this show. Aside from travel costs etc.
Even if it's only $200 spending your own money to travel to the middle of nowhere and not getting reimbursed for it is going to be almost all of that $200 or more. It also wasn't a WM weekend show or anything like that you could make more money working the rest of the weekend

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Baseless conspiracy theory, the Codeman fed Kidd the money to cover this debacle to get her(?) more over.

If I had to guess (also baseless), Bandit has probably had a pretty good swell of merch sales or donations in the past 6 months or so since they've become a somewhat sudden internet fave. I could see them wanting to turn around and use that money to help others, especially when they were on the verge of quitting just a month or two ago but were probably helped/encouraged by others in the community.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Depressingly this is just what happens when you do something without planning for contingencies. The creepy stuff about Veny aside this feels more like a dumb person than a bad person, but sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

There are properly run lgbt wrestling shows in the USA. Enjoy spring to mind as a small company who actually have their poo poo together. But the way they have gone about it has been much more small c conservative.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Depressingly this is just what happens when you do something without planning for contingencies. The creepy stuff about Veny aside this feels more like a dumb person than a bad person, but sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

There are properly run lgbt wrestling shows in the USA. Enjoy spring to mind as a small company who actually have their poo poo together. But the way they have gone about it has been much more small c conservative.

It all comes off as if they had a very childish understanding of what this would take and what would be appropriate

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

And also a pride thing in being able to do it themselves without any help, which obviously panned out well. Stubborn incompetence, I guess.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Its one thing to make mistakes the first time booking a show, it happens. But the willful incompetence and loving a lot of people over is really loving negligent and not so easily forgiven, even if the original intentions were good.

Stick to Twitter and don’t ever get involved in the business again. Period.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Transgraps is not doing herself any favors on Discord.

https://twitter.com/thebigmilkman77/status/1556475692086431745
https://twitter.com/thebigmilkman77/status/1556468032414912512
https://twitter.com/thebigmilkman77/status/1556375970256506881

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This seems like a fine thread to ask, what pronouns should I be using for Kidd Bandit? Just want to make sure I get it right.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Fsmhunk posted:

This seems like a fine thread to ask, what pronouns should I be using for Kidd Bandit? Just want to make sure I get it right.

Twitter bio says he/she/they.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The confidence you need to get something done for the first time is dangerously close to the confidence you need to never question your own abilities to get something done.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"Act like you've done this before" is generally good advice but a key part of that is checking in with people who have actually done this before.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lamuella posted:

The creepy stuff about Veny aside this feels more like a dumb person than a bad person

Sally is also a bad person but it's not really anyone's stories to tell but the people impacted by her. She's been a twitter main character for years and gone through like 8 different accounts.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Never trust a Twitter user

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dark Sheik is not pleased. And Sheik is seriously one of the nicest people I've met in wrestling.

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1556682430529937414

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

“you are the protagonist” I chanted, a smile on my face: next years harvest will be even better

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021

Pinche Rudo posted:

Dark Sheik is not pleased. And Sheik is seriously one of the nicest people I've met in wrestling.

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1556682430529937414

Yeah she absolutely rules and her comments the last few days have been hilarious

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
That reads like a call out to me: perhaps she thinks that one of the people stepping into help has nefarious intentions. I think it’s a good point to make in principle though: there are people that have come out and said they were worried to say anything about this show publicly because they knew they’d get lambasted and didn’t want to deal with it - there’s also worse stuff thats going around in private about the promoter threatening people with that basically but I don’t know how accurate they are.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1555287671676628994?s=21&t=J_X8sXn-HDd0lg-qvLp2JQ

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dark Sheik is definitely not the only trans promoter to have put on a show.

Maybe the only one with 300+ under their belt.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think that tweet might not be sincere!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That’s like Paul Bearer not liking you, you done hosed up real bad somewhere.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

I think that tweet might not be sincere!

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1555295488336769024

Dark Sheik with that heat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/thebigmilkman77/status/1556742270648557571

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Came here to post this and just... what.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Should have announced her own retirement and then just kept running things to really be a big promoter. Seems scrub league to future endeavors yourself.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Should have announced her own retirement and then just kept running things to really be a big promoter. Seems scrub league to future endeavors yourself.

They're definitely going to make a post later saying it's totally a different person running the account now, but nowhere near later enough to avoid someone checking and immediately exposing it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the spirit of the formerly dead chris regal lives on

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Well, I’m convinced

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Things go from tragedy to farce so quickly these days

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Transgraps' tweets were always insufferable Main Character poo poo and it is funny/depressing to see this all unfold just like you'd think it would

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that drat buff bagwell guy is at it again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Beeswax posted:

Transgraps' tweets were always insufferable Main Character poo poo and it is funny/depressing to see this all unfold just like you'd think it would

The one person fan clubs like this and unofficial NJPW guy on Twitter produce great drama

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SALLY IS ALSO QUITE COOL WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/harlandwwe/status/1556762128245309440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im the new kid! my name's briana!