Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oil! posted:

I can't read this as anything but a joke

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny? Sometimes people are just acting like an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny? Sometimes people are just acting like an rear end in a top hat

“Effy says it’s hard and Effy is always right, but I find it easy so I don’t know what to think now” can be both a (lame) joke and also an rear end in a top hat stance to take.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

What other accounts did this trans graps person have?

Grans Traps

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Ah, Wayne Rooney's favourite Twitter account.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

pretty sure Sally closed down the TG Discord server lmaooooo

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

:lmao:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Venomous posted:

pretty sure Sally closed down the TG Discord server lmaooooo

"I'm so committed to this community that if I go down I'm taking its central place for discussion with me!!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hedgehog Pie posted:

:golfclap:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shard posted:

It’s a joke in the vein of RIP to your grandma but I’m different

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/JCPxDESIGNS/status/1557003312792322048

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rotinaj posted:

What other accounts did this trans graps person have?

Among her personal ones, she also ran the OWE English unofficial fan account (despite speaking neither Chinese nor Japanese which defeats the whole object of these accounts) which she also used to carry out her personal vendettas

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Pretty sure CIMA literally only followed that OWE account to make the branding more visible because running a promotion out of China has always been a massively uphill battle, and OWE was desperate for more eyes on the product. Like any one of us could've done the same thing and we would've gotten a follow. For that to be the basis of "yeah me and CIMA are tight and we're gonna do GLEAT USA now" after such an epic failure of an event is just comedic levels of bullshit.

Ivypls posted:

queer drama is so loving stupid lmao. why are we always doing this to each other
we were all theater kids growing up

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

yeah, the way Sheik is coming off it absolutely seems like she was more concerned with getting some shine off the situation than with making sure everyone got compensated

Reeks of "how do I take this developing situation that has been a shitshow, and make it all about me?"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can kind of get that through a particular type of jaded and bitter lens Kidd Bandit’s perceived prominence in the scene compared to the length of time they’ve been active could be irritating, and taken as a sign that they have kind of an ego problem that might need to be put in check at some point, but at the same time who gives a gently caress if they have a little bit of an overzealous streak in them if they’re actually putting it to use helping people?

Right now she's coming off in a similar fashion to Ivelisse. When I'm making that comparison, you know you're being an rear end in a top hat

Mekchu posted:

Did they (I forget what their pronouns are, so apologies if I got it wrong I went with what I imagine was the most "neutral") end up moving to the UK full time? Last I remember they moved to Philly and were doing stuff with Ryse and, I think, Chikara was on the books before it collapsed/self-destructed/imploded.

Yeah they/them, and yeah they've moved back to the UK. Been taking a bunch of indie dates (which is impressive given how dead the scene was here) and has a match booked coming up against Simon Miller for The Most Online Thing Ever

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad the little baby rowlet showed up in here to put everyone back into a good mood. little sleeper

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cavauro posted:

i'm glad the little baby rowlet showed up in here to put everyone back into a good mood. little sleeper

he makes it really hard to be mad :3:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Oh, hey, there's a thread about this!

A few things I can add:

* I can definitely back up the "tight with OWE wrestlers" claim being something she said, as she cold DMed me in June about how she wanted to get an American work visa for one of them?!?!?

* There are people out there who will buy tickets to queer-centric indie shows as gestures of support even if they can't go. I know of recent shows where the total tickets sold doubled or tripled the attendance. Doing so little to promote the show is even more egregious when you take this into account, although it's also possible that she sold more tickets than she's letting on, regardless.

* She's definitely claimed to be bipolar and unmedicated, but deleted the tweets. I have a screenshot somewhere.

* I'm fairly sure that, at one point, she claimed she was a worker, albeit one so obscure that nobody would know her, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

* Someone saved this audio clip she tweeted during the VENY "food coma" mess and it's...uh...: https://streamable.com/8jra2p

There might be more I'm forgetting.

Also, a personal take on the VENY food coma tweets: I don't think the concern about the concerns about the tweets sending a transphobic message are misplaced. That said, as someone who has some good friends who are female indie workers, I would absolutely be at a minimum freaked out if one of them had a similar interaction, just with a cis male promoter. At best, it's weird and boundary-breaking.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

davidbix posted:

* She's definitely claimed to be bipolar and unmedicated, but deleted the tweets. I have a screenshot somewhere.

called it, as someone who grew up with an unmedicated bipolar parent this behavior is really familiar.

also she should have put up fliers.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For those who preordered the Veny shirt

https://twitter.com/JCPxDESIGNS/status/1557094767485403140?s=20&t=SwERGzRhi-FY2GY1yPPO_w

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ElleTeeUSeeMe/status/1557150950082727937

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I aint reading all that - its in cursive. Anyone got a TL,DR?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDU-XN9Mxs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Non-traditional lenders."

:yikes:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

uhhhhhhh what's this about sally already spending the t-shirt money????

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Best hope is that she used the money to pay for some of the show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

good mom, lovely kid

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah they/them, and yeah they've moved back to the UK. Been taking a bunch of indie dates (which is impressive given how dead the scene was here) and has a match booked coming up against Simon Miller for The Most Online Thing Ever

I like Simon Miller :unsmith:

That should be fun and tbh I would trust Sterling to run a show because even if they're not very knowledgeable, they have the cash/sense to find someone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mfcrocker posted:

Right now she's coming off in a similar fashion to Ivelisse.

Nailed it

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1557070052096020480

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know who this Sheikh person is but every post seems really lovely and dumb and just going "hahaha I told you (people who got screwed)" while also trying to seem like they're who you want to do business with next time. It reads like a severely jealous and angry person who hasn't done anything to help the situation other than make it about how great they are.

Tldr: they suck

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is it safe to assume the Veny shirt isn't available anymore? Because drat that's a nice shirt.

Mekchu posted:

I don't know who this Sheikh person is but every post seems really lovely and dumb and just going "hahaha I told you (people who got screwed)" while also trying to seem like they're who you want to do business with next time. It reads like a severely jealous and angry person who hasn't done anything to help the situation other than make it about how great they are.

Tldr: they suck

They're the person (in charge of? running? created?) Hoodslam.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Sheik has been acting oddly lately even beyond the Bandit and TransGraps stuff. When Effygate was going down, she was incredulous at the idea that Joey Ryan's issues didn't bleed over into the ring, that women had complained about taking the "Boobplex" or doing the magical dick spot, etc., and seemingly tried to suggested that my criticism of the spots Effy does that veer too closely to that red line was born out of homophobia. (Even though I had made clear that I like Effy personally and don't think he's anything resembling an IRL sex pest.) It was just...weird. I mean...I've talked to dudes who told me he tried to pressure them into the dick spot after they refused on the grounds of protecting their own gimmicks. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a woman in that position.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Getting screwed out of retirement money to pay for your daughter's doomed vanity show

Sally is more old-school carny than we thought

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

"Non-traditional lenders."

:yikes:

https://twitter.com/ElleTeeUSeeMe/status/1557164747312750593?t=8c9mMJas5hDwb2BycH4ngw&s=19

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

What I will say is that most of the people i've talked to seem to be under the impression that it wasn't a scam, or at least sally didn't go into it with the intention of making money and running off with it. This is primarily supported by the fact that Sally is probably about 20K in debt now. If it was a scam, it may be the worst scam of the cenutry.

I've obviously been neck deep in this with the community over the past few days and have seen the opinions shift over time, and I dont wan't to play armchair doctor or let my own negative feelings of seeing the harm this has caused up close color what im trying to say here, so im going to try to be diplomatic in my speech.

Sally is an extremely immature 23 year old who wanted to play E-fed and used the Trans community, which she is a part of, to platform that "dream". She booked, and booked, and booked talent and random other poo poo like a "roast: but apparently put almost 0 actual thought, planning, or effort into it.

She continually complained about the financial situation while refusing help from the various LGBTQ+ and indie promotions around her who reached out for help, among various other groups and individuals.

It seems that she basically went out of her way to try and book every trans talent available to the point that she was even booking Giselle Shaw the day after she came out simply because it was another trans wrestler to collect like an infinity stone.

She constantly promised things to talent and would never deliver or follow up on.

The Veny tweet situation ended with Sally apologizing and saying she was stepping away from wrestling after the show.

During the show Sally continually would say "i dont care about that" when talent would bring up the various issues or concerns about the booking, payments, or basic poo poo like having water on hand for talent.

Sally misgendered Aiden dozens of times to his face despite Aiden being a regular in the community, and the community discussing Aiden being upset about being misgendered by other promotions multiple times, even as recently as a month before the show.

Sally refused to correct herself or apologize at anypoint, this was while Aiden was basically running the show at that point because Sally basically refused to.

Sally has bascially attempted to shed blame from herself and push off as much of it as she could onto anything else or seemingly completely fail to understand the absolute enormity or just how BADLY she hosed over the talent and the various supporting staff who's livlihoods were directly impacted by the hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of dollars they spent to make this work.

As a third party watching this from a close sideline the nicest I can be is to say that Sally is, at best, a self-centered mark who wanted to play dress up with her favorite wrestlers and act like she was their best friend without wanting to take on any of the hard work and responsiblity that came with booking a show of that size.

She made every wrong choice she could, treated the event and her "business" like a high school social club, and shat away a ton of good will she never deserved.

And throughout it all has relied on Aiden and others to clean up the mess that was never their problem in the first place all while refusing to seemingly accept full responsibility or lift a finger to actually help and help anyone recuperate their losses.

If it wasn't for Aiden and Sidney Von Engeland, Joan Jetson, and Kidd Bandit first and foremost taking the front on trying to clean this mess up I don't know if any talent would even have recouped what small amounts they've managed to get back in donations since this happened.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not a trans person (is this the right term? I legit don't know if it's a faux pas or not as I remember it being OK a few years ago but times change etc) so forgive my ignorance. I know when a cisgender person misgenders someone it's not a good thing but how much of a "gently caress you" is it when another trans person repeatedly misunderstood another trans person?

The only comparison I can go off of is when a guy acquaintance kept saying another guy person wasn't "guy enough" or whatever and it led to a lot of tension.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What a mess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if that large amount of information is true, it's not good.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Good on Dark Sheik for running a successful weird wrestling promotion in Hoodslam for many years. As a worker I find her super bland and sloppy.

Kidd is a fun worker who's trying to do fun things, but is super sloppy.

Kidd is also such a weeb who's trying to work out a million things that I can easily see them rubbing anyone the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Mekchu posted:

I am not a trans person (is this the right term? I legit don't know if it's a faux pas or not as I remember it being OK a few years ago but times change etc) so forgive my ignorance. I know when a cisgender person misgenders someone it's not a good thing but how much of a "gently caress you" is it when another trans person repeatedly misunderstood another trans person?

The only comparison I can go off of is when a guy acquaintance kept saying another guy person wasn't "guy enough" or whatever and it led to a lot of tension.

it sucks poo poo big time because you know with zero doubt that it's being weaponized