Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
I’m pretty sure Sheik’s serious tweets were aimed at Sally and how she basically kept acting like she was the only trans booker whatsoever whereas Sheik has been doing this for years….and paying people, and selling tickets, and not being a creep.

I think the Kidd stuff is just playing up wrestling stuff considering they wrestled like a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Doubly

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Sheik why just fuckin’ why

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1556836268788441090?s=21&t=1AxKhuX_b73Zh_WiGPdr7g

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Cocaine is Abel posted:

I’m pretty sure Sheik’s serious tweets were aimed at Sally and how she basically kept acting like she was the only trans booker whatsoever whereas Sheik has been doing this for years….and paying people, and selling tickets, and not being a creep.

I think the Kidd stuff is just playing up wrestling stuff considering they wrestled like a few months ago

These back to back

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

time to book kidd bandit vs dark sheik in a $4,000 on a pole match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JOHN CENA posted:

I hear there's a dome available in New Hampshire

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rarity posted:

I've never heard of this person before this thread but they seem to suck

I used to think Dark Sheik was cool but lol no they fuckin' suck for going after Bandit so hard like this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

her twitter display name has been changed to sheikah, which is from Hyrule Warriors. that confirms the origin of the name Dark Sheik as being from the video game Hyrule Warriors.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 9, 2022

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vandar posted:

I used to think Dark Sheik was cool but lol no they fuckin' suck for going after Bandit so hard like this.

That’s my thing; she’s done a lot of amazing work in the queer wrestling community and indie wrestling in general but has been a massive rear end in a top hat about basically everything related to this WQ situation.

https://twitter.com/darksheikftf/status/1556516702438838273?s=21&t=PE7aV2MBnC6DYD_jjEHgvQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Crazy that communication happens like this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
old guard queer vs new guard queer is a tale as old as time unfortunately. it's something I myself have been guilty of once or twice.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Cocaine is Abel posted:

FWIW, both of them were supposed to work the NEW8 pride week show in Vancouver last month, but the show got canceled for undisclosed reasons and only Kidd was rebooked for this month's show. That could just be a scheduling or border issue, but maybe there was drama too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vandar posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hopefully she just thinks anime is blood

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You know what would be better than Twitter snark? Offer to reimburse Kidd if they're so mad they didn't get to do a grand gesture of 'i told you so'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

You know what would be better than Twitter snark? Offer to reimburse Kidd if they're so mad they didn't get to do a grand gesture of 'i told you so'

That would involve having to actually do something though

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
But then they would actually have to do something of consequences instead of just tweeting from a high horse.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, the way Sheik is coming off it absolutely seems like she was more concerned with getting some shine off the situation than with making sure everyone got compensated

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can kind of get that through a particular type of jaded and bitter lens Kidd Bandit’s perceived prominence in the scene compared to the length of time they’ve been active could be irritating, and taken as a sign that they have kind of an ego problem that might need to be put in check at some point, but at the same time who gives a gently caress if they have a little bit of an overzealous streak in them if they’re actually putting it to use helping people?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

I can't read this as anything but a joke

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can kind of get that through a particular type of jaded and bitter lens Kidd Bandit’s perceived prominence in the scene compared to the length of time they’ve been active could be irritating, and taken as a sign that they have kind of an ego problem that might need to be put in check at some point, but at the same time who gives a gently caress if they have a little bit of an overzealous streak in them if they’re actually putting it to use helping people?

But it’s also a good thing that Banditt and other young wrestlers like them were able to come out and transition in an environment that was more accepting and welcoming thanks to the groundwork that others in their community had done before them, and I never got the impression that Banditt was pushing themselves as the biggest or only trans wrestler in the scene.

That’s the case with most kinds of social progress. The generations that did the most work and pushed acceptance further don’t always get to reap the benefits of their effort, but the next generation has the opportunity to be their true selves with much less opposition and trauma.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I can see someone with more experience taking Kidd's "sometimes it's tough being me" post the wrong way (and who knows, maybe they do have an ego problem or something idk), but at the same time everyone knows that it's not exactly been an entirely pleasurable year for them despite all their progress so there's definitely a bit of truth in what they say. And like folks have said, actually helping out those who were short-changed by default puts you above just posting on Twitter.

Weird situation, very farcical. I don't really know who any of the players are but I hope the scene can just move past it and grow stronger.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Disclaimers about reading tone through text and workers working aside, the first tweets from this sheikah person comes off like a huge rear end in a top hat who wanted to swoop in and be the hero of this story in an extremely condescending clout chasing way and then when Kidd offered a genuine gesture of camaraderie that people were more apt to accept because Kidd was in the same situation as them and wasn't being a condescending tool about it, turned into a giant prick.

Who was talking about TG being nothing but extremely cringe Main Character poo poo? Cause sheikah is swiping that crown right up. Also lol at that one person going "bro look they were talking poo poo about you behind your back" and the screencap has them AGREEING WITH THE SHITTALK. At least they're showing some self awareness about it, I guess.

Anyway, protect Kidd Bandit at all costs.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ultimately sheik comes off as a bitter dickhead which somewhat tempers the value of her “I told you so and I’m telling you again” poo poo.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 9, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dark Sheik is like the only Iranian-American trans woman I've ever been aware of, let alone in the wrestling scene. I've always tried to support her since my heritage doesn't exactly have the largest representation. Major bummer to see her acting so lovely during an already lovely situation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

no thanks just relegate this weirdo to the obscurity they inhabit and continue to inhabit

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

DLC Inc posted:

no thanks just relegate this weirdo to the obscurity they inhabit and continue to inhabit

Are we talking about Kidd Bandit or Dark Sheik?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The more people call Shiek a nobody the more I think they're right for being bitter.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

The more people call Shiek a nobody the more I think they're right for being bitter.

Who’d she ever beat

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Who’d she ever beat

Parrow, but it was a roll up and Effy did a fast count.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dark Sheik definitely gets more and higher profile bookings than Kidd Bandit but Bandit has more followers and dominates the discourse so it's funny that Sheik takes that personally.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The booker seems to have no remorse, just gonna financially ruin their mom and do it again in the future

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Based on what? Have they even posted anything else publicly besides that weird “The promoter no longer works here” post from the account that they were the sole owner of (lol)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sticklefifer posted:

From what I've read, Sally was also refusing offers from other experienced promoters who wanted to contribute and make the show better. A then-22 year old who has never promoted before and didn't have the money insisted on doing all of that herself. I don't know if that's an ego thing or what, but WTF.

I can't really fault a 22/23 year old doing that because they are at an age where they think they're too smart and know everything. I want to believe there was no malicious intent here and just a stupid kid who got too caught up in the moment/in over their head and was too stubborn to ask for help.

Hopefully all the talent gets paid and another event can be held but not organized by this person. And I hope that whoever the organizer is, they don't get bullied/shouted at to the point they try to inflict self-harm etc. as they're just a kid who, like I said, probably didn't mean anything malicious and just got too in over their head.

That is my two cents.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mfcrocker posted:

Commander Sterling is potentially running their first show soon in the UK and it's probably just a matter of time before they run a celebration similar to this

Did they (I forget what their pronouns are, so apologies if I got it wrong I went with what I imagine was the most "neutral") end up moving to the UK full time? Last I remember they moved to Philly and were doing stuff with Ryse and, I think, Chikara was on the books before it collapsed/self-destructed/imploded.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope she learns that twitter isn’t real and 3000 other social media obsessed idiots gassing you up isn’t a sign that the world is just waiting for you to pull the trigger on whatever flight of fancy you’re entertaining.

That’s probably the most valuable lesson anybody can take away from this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Twitter is fake but posting on SA is as real as it gets :hai:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Twitter is fake but posting on SA is as real as it gets :hai:

Checks out

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What other accounts did this trans graps person have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I hope she learns that twitter isn’t real and 3000 other social media obsessed idiots gassing you up isn’t a sign that the world is just waiting for you to pull the trigger on whatever flight of fancy you’re entertaining.

That’s probably the most valuable lesson anybody can take away from this.

Superfans trying to "get into the business" almost never ends well. Some people just need to stay on the other side of the curtain.