Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm not a businessman and certainly am not planning to set one up but I know some of the core rules of running a business: tracking profit/loss and outgoing to make sure you can budget effectively, making sure that the event you are planning has a sound business plan and realistic prospects of breaking even (or achieving a satisfactory loss that might get covered by other revenue streams: most wrestling shows lose money after all) and also not taking on debt just to keep the lights on unless you have a strategy to turn things around. Especially the first - the idea that this was being ran without a loving BALANCE SHEET is incredible to me. Like I don't have the money to organise a wrestling show (well if I took all of my savings out and combined them I might have enough to run one but no more) but if I did I'd have a spreadsheet with at the least all of the outgoings (split by paid/yet to be paid) and income streams so I could tell where exactly we were financially at any point. You also frankly should not be holding an event of any sort if a shock $75 bill cannot be paid: you probably shouldn't be running one if you couldn't fund it all yourself regardless of any income - at least that way everyone gets paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I don’t think teaching budgeting works when the person in question doesn’t think of keeping track of spending

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

That reads like a call out to me: perhaps she thinks that one of the people stepping into help has nefarious intentions. I think it’s a good point to make in principle though: there are people that have come out and said they were worried to say anything about this show publicly because they knew they’d get lambasted and didn’t want to deal with it - there’s also worse stuff thats going around in private about the promoter threatening people with that basically but I don’t know how accurate they are.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoanJetsonRCS/status/1557106049521291265?t=ACDalXf0tNMiVc-ervajCw&s=19

Further set of Discord messages featuring Sally not taking advice from someone with promotional experience and talking about her nothing not helping with the show and abusing her which, frankly, sounds ludicrous when they’ve given up their retirement money and have gone significantly into debt with leachy lenders to fund your vanity promotion. Like I felt awkward enough whenever I had to call Mum to borrow twenty quid at the end of the month: if I’d effectively ruined the financial security of my parents to do something like this I’d be doing anything possible to make it up to them!