Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Oh, hey, there's a thread about this!

A few things I can add:

* I can definitely back up the "tight with OWE wrestlers" claim being something she said, as she cold DMed me in June about how she wanted to get an American work visa for one of them?!?!?

* There are people out there who will buy tickets to queer-centric indie shows as gestures of support even if they can't go. I know of recent shows where the total tickets sold doubled or tripled the attendance. Doing so little to promote the show is even more egregious when you take this into account, although it's also possible that she sold more tickets than she's letting on, regardless.

* She's definitely claimed to be bipolar and unmedicated, but deleted the tweets. I have a screenshot somewhere.

* I'm fairly sure that, at one point, she claimed she was a worker, albeit one so obscure that nobody would know her, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

* Someone saved this audio clip she tweeted during the VENY "food coma" mess and it's...uh...: https://streamable.com/8jra2p

There might be more I'm forgetting.

Also, a personal take on the VENY food coma tweets: I don't think the concern about the concerns about the tweets sending a transphobic message are misplaced. That said, as someone who has some good friends who are female indie workers, I would absolutely be at a minimum freaked out if one of them had a similar interaction, just with a cis male promoter. At best, it's weird and boundary-breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Sheik has been acting oddly lately even beyond the Bandit and TransGraps stuff. When Effygate was going down, she was incredulous at the idea that Joey Ryan's issues didn't bleed over into the ring, that women had complained about taking the "Boobplex" or doing the magical dick spot, etc., and seemingly tried to suggested that my criticism of the spots Effy does that veer too closely to that red line was born out of homophobia. (Even though I had made clear that I like Effy personally and don't think he's anything resembling an IRL sex pest.) It was just...weird. I mean...I've talked to dudes who told me he tried to pressure them into the dick spot after they refused on the grounds of protecting their own gimmicks. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a woman in that position.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Who/where is this from?