Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Alchenar posted:

Yeah I'll always count a battle where enemy elements are destroyed and yours are only disrupted as a win. Destroyed stuff is gone forever and needs a big supply dump to pull from the reserve pool, damaged stuff needs far fewer supplies, a few days of rest and some leadership rolls to be back in the fight.

The flip side of this is that destroyed squads were often already disabled (and thus not contributing to AV) whereas disabled squads were necessarily previously active. This means that disablements cause relatively more decline in AV than destructions, which is important if your priority in a battle is to cause or prevent a retreat or base capture in a short time frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

That level of damage is totally survivable if it doesn't roll really badly on DC checks or get depth charged again.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

I believe the game does have air dropped mines but they are not able to just shut down Japan's ports nearly as effectively as they did OTL and are more effective in wearing down ASW forces and such.

The naval and sub laid mines can be pretty effective but the pools are relatively small and don't have great replacement rates (but they do have replacement rates). Also, if you don't have a mine tender disbanded in port with mines they will decline over time (very quickly if in a non base hex).

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Cimber posted:

Understood. I've actually started shooting stuff over to Perth and then the southern coast.

Can someone explain to me why I can't move Restricted Aussie troops via ship to PM? It's annoying as gently caress that to move troops to reinforce PM I'd have to spend the political capital to move them to ABDA command just to put them on a freighter to cross the channel.

How long before this stupidity ends and I get decent HQs?

You can't put restricted troops on ships because then you'd be able to move them anywhere, which would defeat the point of having them be restricted. (You can march restricted troops overland across borders but that is generally considered an exploit and house rule banned in mp games.)

Re: HQs, note that it's 1/4 as expensive in political points to move to an HQ within the same leadership hierarchy as to a different one. (In mp, it's generally house ruled not to move land units to unrestricted air HQs to exploit this but this is still cheaper for units that have an unrestricted land HQ within the same hierarchy as their restricted HQ.)

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 11, 2024