Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Call it recency bias but modern years beat out most of the favored best year choices due to the sheer volume of high quality games that come out. I'm still not sure if I'd rank years based on industry influence, influence on how they shaped my tastes, or just overall favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s a good idea I’ll also do my vote with a top 5.

1st - 2017
1) Zelda Breath of the Wild
2) Mario Odyssey
3) Nier Automata
4) Hollow Knight
5) Sonic Mania

2nd - 2004
1) Pikmin 2
2) Paper Mario 2
3) Ninja Gaiden
4) Katamari Damacy
5) Burnout 3

3rd - 2019
1) Sekiro
2) Devil May Cry V
3) Mario Maker 2
4) Death Stranding
5) Astral Chain

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

Realtalk how did you guys even get started with your lists, did you pick a game you liked and then looked up other games that came out that year?

Felt it in my soul

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was miserable at 16 so if that year was my favorite it’s pretty drat good gaming year

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
2009 had Demons Souls, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bayonetta, Street Fighter 4, Bowsers Inside Story, Pokémon Heartgold, Dragon Quest IX, and Little Kings Story. Not bad at all

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s also the Duke Nukem Forever of gaming years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The UK has terrible taste