Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Harrow posted:

My gut feeling is that making a fair rule about release dates would be kind of complicated. I'd want to say "when the game is available to most people" would be a good guideline for what year to use, but sometimes there's a pretty big gap, or a game comes out in Japan and the US but not the EU for a long time (or Japan and EU but not the US, in Xenoblade's case), or things like that, and it all just gets fuzzy. Or games that are really good and important but didn't get an international release for decades (for example Live A Live) would be really hard to actually list.

I'd just ask that people not cheat release dates too egregiously. Like I wouldn't attribute Chrono Trigger to 2009 because that's when it finally got an official release in Europe, for example.

i would 😈

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU