Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

dang rarity cool posts!!! :) its a bit sad there were no megaten refs tho 😔

anyways i've put this off long enough, its time for my votes:

1. 1994

1994 had some real cool games come out:
final fantasy 6 is a classic with some win music, majin tensei 1's probably not like, objectively good or anything but hell i got a old soft spot for it being a janky srpg and the first megaten spinoff plus the Vibes Own and i like the designs (still gotta finish it...!!), shin megami tensei 2 is a p nice game from the half i played of it (tho theres way too much backtracking and the neutral end is lame vs chaos or even law), and uhh i only played a bit of it so far but earthbound's pretty cool, a nice companion piece to smt1/2

2. 1997

1997… a powerful year for me cause its when i was born!! but also cause its final fantasy 7 time baby!!! that game was Win! there was also parappa the rapper (never played but the songs are nice), and kirby’s dream land 3 (i only played a few mins of this) and even though the controls are janky, the art style is Very Good
also castlevania: symphony of the night came out, a game i have always wanted to check out but konami Refuses to put this game on the switch! why!!!

3. 2017

an objectively Ballin year
you got fire emblem echoes: shadows of valentia, a fun remake of the second fe game that still kept some of the jankier bits :v: (oh and also the gacha game Heroes, and Warriors the musou spinoff), stardew valley, a harvest moon/story of seasons inspired indie game that dare i say revitalized the farming sim genre (and i’ve dropped a couple hundred hours on it too), And the legend of zelda: breath of the wild!! a fun open world zelda that (durability and rain arguments aside) i’d say gave a fresh breath of air to zelda games
oh and also super mario odyssey, a game i’ve never played (never been much for mario) but seems p cool too, and nier automata seems nice too :)

e: forgot a bold for kirb

Booky fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

wait........

stardews Not 2017?????????

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug