Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

goons are old and therefore '98 will sweep (prolly deservedly), but 2022 is pr much the best gaming year of my life

Is that just because of Elden Ring or did other games come out this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gonna go with 2003 as my #1 just because its the year Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne released and took over my life until about 2012, and I'll jam in all the other notable releases to help justify that.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Call of Duty
Tony Hawk's Underground
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire (American/European release)

We got a few beloved classics, the best Tony Hawk game (gently caress Eric Sparrow), and the start of the juggernaut franchise Call of Duty. I don't see how anyone could argue this as anything less than the greatest year gaming has ever seen.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vandar posted:

The second game is a little title called Cave Story. I feel like Cave Story has kind of been forgotten over the years. Aside from being an incredible game itself, it was the title that really kicked off the indie game revolution. It's legacy and it's impact on the industry can still be felt today, eight years later, and it's still one of my favorite games of all time. You'd be hard-pressed to find an indie dev that Cave Story hasn't influenced in one way or another.

Buddy I have some extremely bad news for you