Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
2004 is the first year that came immediately to mind. The holiday season was absolutely packed, with Metal Gear Solid 3, GTA: San Andreas, Halo 2, and Metroid Prime 2 all releasing in a fairly short window.

Earlier in the year were quite a few other notable titles, including: Half Life 2, Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), Katamari Damacy, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, as well as other entries in both the Metroid and MGS series (Zero Mission and Twin Snakes respectively)

A couple of my personal favorites also released that year: Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

I'm not into MMORPGs myself, but both World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI released that year as well.

Finally, 2004 saw the release of the Nintendo DS. It was initially met with skepticism but eventually went on to become the second highest selling piece of videogame hardware ever released behind only the PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU