Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm Surprised nobody has mentioned 1996 yet

Super Mario RPG (the best Final Fantasy game)
Super Mario 64 (still the standard for 3d platformers imo, still holds up, still a super popular speedrun game, etc)
Pokemon Red/Blue (Kicked off a franchise that became a worldwide phenomenon)
Diablo (Defined the arpg genre, though diablo ii did it much better. But it started here.)
Quake (another genre definer...)
Tomb Raider and Resident Evil (two more huge franchises still going strong to this day)

And also PaRappa the Rapper :v:

e: people want more years so I'll also say 2017 for Horizon Zero Dawn and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and 2022 for Horizon Forbidden West and Xenoblade Chronicles 3

e2: actually put 2022 as my second place vote and 2017 as my third place because even though HFW was better than HZD imo it was a much, much smaller gap than the one between XBC3 and XBC2

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

wuggles posted:

EVERYONE, PUT THREE YEARS IN YOUR POSTS

:) :respek: :)

Ok I added two more years to my post just for you